Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning and looked out the window immediately. The dwarves were packing up, Kili was tying his stuff onto his pony.

"Kili, go fetch Shyla for me." -Thorin said.

"Oh no. I just woke up, I'm still in my underclothes!" -I said to myself.

I ran to throw on a robe and grabbed my hair clip, I pulled back my brown wavy hair. It actually looked just like Kili had his.

I ran through the kitchen as he knocked on the door.

I didn't want to seem anxious, I waited for him to knock again.

"Hello Kili!" -as I opened the door.

"Good morning Miss Shyla."

"Come in, would you like some tea?"

"Thorin asked me to fetch you, he didn't tell me why. The tea smells lovely, I haven't had tea since we left Bag End."

I stepped aside and waved him in. He sighed in hesitation but then came in. His boots were muddy, but I didn't care.

"Sit down" -as I pointed to a chair at my table.

"You live alone?" -he asked with his puppy dog eyes looking up at me.

"Yep, since I was 20. My parents died and I stayed here alone." -as I poored his tea.

"How old are you now?"

"65. And you?"

"77"

"That explains the beard." I said under my breath.

"Yes I'm still young" -he winked at me. "You also have no facial hair."

I felt a little insecure because dwarf woman are supposed to have facial hair also. I looked down to the floor with my hands rested on the table.

He touched my hand, "I don't mind it."

I blushed and quickly turned away to put the tea pot back on the stove.

"The tea was wonderful, thank you, I probably won't have it again for a long long time." -he said, I could feel him looking at me but I didn't turn around. "I must get back, Uncle Thorin will be furious I stayed this long." -as he stood up.

"He's your uncle?"

"Yeah, mine and Filis mothers brother."

"You are in the line of Durin?"

"Yes ma'am. Are you coming back with me?"

I blushed, forgetting Thorin sent him for me. I thought he was asking me to go with them.

"That's why I came." -he giggled.

"Oh yes, let me get dressed."