2: Mr. Kim

Beep...Beep...Beep

        The alarm clock was going off, making me shoot up out of bed. I slammed my hand onto the big button on top of the clock, and the room then became quiet. I sat in bed with a blank expression until I had woken up a bit.

        I wide grin formed on my face.

'I'm starting school again. Oh! I better hurry!' I told myself in my head as I quickly hopped out of bed. I rushed myself into the bathroom and took a quick shower, blow-drying it when I was done. Afterwards, I spend about 10 minutes picking out an outfit to wear. Lastly, I touched myself up with some light makeup.

I had butterflies in my stomach as I got closer and closer to the school. I had my purple backpack sitting nice and secure onto my back, and my knee-low skirt was swaying back and forth with every step I took.

The air felt nice. It was early fall, so the leaves haven't quiet turned color.

Students went back to school from summer break about 3 weeks ago. I may be a bit late, but I haven't missed much.

Finally.

I smiled nervously as I stood at the entrance of the school. I took a deep breath in and out, and opened the door with confidence, entering this new world.

Students were all walking around, chatting, listening to music, and other things like that. Nobody seemed to notice me, so I just casually walked to to classroom that I needed to go to. Mr. Kim's homeroom.

I had no idea where I was going, and I felt really embarrassed. Nobody was looking at me, but at the same time, it felt like there were a thousand eyes on me.

Finally, I found a teacher roaming around in the hall, so I walked up to him, making him come to a halt.

"E-excuse me, but do you know where Mr. Kim's classroom is? I'm kind of lost."

        He shifted his gaze from the paper in his hand to me. A warm smile formed in his face.

        "Oh! You must be (Y/N)! I'm-"

        I wasn't sure what he said after that. For some reason, at that moment, I thought time had stopped. The angel standing in front of me was so beautiful, and I could have sworn I felt my heart skip a beat, but maybe it was just my imagination.

        I finally snapped out of it when he waved his hand in front of my face.

        "W-what?" I could feel my cheeks turning pink as he looked me in the eyes. On the other hand, I could  only shoot a few glances up into his eyes.

        He chuckled as his hand landed on the top of my head.

        "I'm Mr. Kim, and I'll show you the way." His hand returned to the place it was before, leaving the top of my head feeling cold.

        "Follow me."