Part 1-Sacrifice

Words: 417

Heyo! I really hope you enjoy this book! Also, Beatrice isn't in here and the unknown is a real place instead of a dream. Till then Friend.

3rd Person POV:

        The Beast leans over the unconscious bundle of twigs called Gregory. "You'll turn into a nice Adle Wood. Hmm, yes." 

   Out in the distance a worried voice calls out, " GREG! GREG COME OUT!" As the voice get closer, The Beast hides in nearby shadows.  Footsteps grew and The Beast further covered itself. The boy, Wirt, gasped at the sight of his brother. "No..NO..no no no no. Im Sorry i wasn't here." The Beast was interested. 'He seems to care for this human.' It came up with a interesting idea.

It slithered out of the shadows, "You care for this boy, do you not?" 

  Wirt let out a startled a breath as he turned towards the voice, " W-Who are you?" 

It let a dark chuckle. "Many people call me The Beast.  I think it suits me just right, does it not. Now for my question, boy. Do you care for him?" 

   Wirt nodded in reply. "How about this, You become the next beast and live here in the unknown, and ill let your brother go and live on." 

   Wirt wanted to keep Greg safe so he accepted the deal. "I'll do it only if you let Greg go safely."

"Of course." The branches and twigs around Greg grew gray and fell off. Once Greg was free, he opened his eyes. They widened at the sight of his older step brother a few feet away from a giant black figure with glowing white eyes. 

"W-Wirt? what happened?" His voice was weak from not being used for a long period of time. The gnome looking boy scooped the younger into his noodle arms.

"Im sorry, Greg. I have to leave. Im sorry." Tears streamed down his face while talking.

"What?! No Wirt you can't. No.." The voices grew quiet as they sat there hugging. 

   From a distance the beast watched them. He needed the boy. Desperately. It slithered closer and grabbed the boy from the pile, " Time to go." 

"Wait! Wait." A pleading voice called. Greg ran over and put something in Wirt's hand. "I'll wait for you." He said as he was teleported back to home safely. 

   As they walked farther into the unknown, Wirt look at the object that was placed in his hand. Tears dribbled down his face. 

It was the Rock Fact Rock.