15 - Percy Jackson

This time, Percy Jackson was sure.

They started preparing for the journey to Ellesmere Island, Canada, to enlist the help of the Godly Pursuant, and hopefully Gaea hasn’t come to it yet because if she did, then they are dead.

“Do I get to come too?” His sister Maggie asked him with a hopeful smile. He said no. He almost lost her to the monsters before and he’s not going to let that happen again.

Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the Oracle of Delphi, told them before leaving, “The location is somewhere in Victoria and Albert Mountains. I don’t see clearly which point but you can start there. You have to be careful.”

All seven of them nodded.

Percy tried to talk to Maggie before he leaves but he found her sleeping in the cabin. He just kissed her forehead—like he always does—and didn’t wake her up.

Chiron came up to them with a grim face. “This is very dangerous, half-bloods. I know you understand that, yes?”

The nervous gulps they did were audible. But all of them have the same reason, “We have to do this. If we don’t, everyone else will die.”

“All aboard!” Leo enthused on the captain deck with an excited look in his face. He always looked excited so Percy didn’t really find that surprising.

With a few farewells, good lucks, and bon-voyage waves, they were off to Canada.

“According to the charts, and Zeus’ clemency of course, we’ll only travel for eight hours,” Leo said, “That doesn’t count stopovers for tacos.”

Hazel and Piper laughed.

Percy stood on the side of the ship, admiring the view, when Annabeth went to his side.

“It’s so beautiful,” she sighed.

He didn’t reply. Too much was running in his head.

“Percy, what is it?” Annabeth asked.

He took a deep breath and debated with himself if he should tell this to Annabeth. But then again, trust and honesty are vital things in a relationship.

“It’s about Maggie,” he replied after a while.

Annabeth nodded slowly, “What? Is there something wrong with her?”

“I don’t know if it’s something wrong, because personally, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with her,” said he.

“Then what?”

He told her everything about his dream in the wine cellar, and said, “There is something bad that Dad did, that has something to do with Maggie. I just don’t know what. He won’t answer me for the past few days.”

Annabeth contemplated about his statement for a moment. “Maggie isn’t a legitimate child?”

“Annabeth, we’re both not legitimate. If that’s the case, then I should’ve been criticized too,” Percy objected.

“Wait, you said that Mr. D told your dad that Maggie’s too strong. What does he mean with that? Too strong for a demigod?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” he whispered, “Though I believe that she’s too strong for a half-blood. The earthquake in Wisconsin? Remember what Mr. D said? She was overwhelmed by her powers.”

Annabeth didn’t answer to that. Instead she became silent, like she was thinking deeply about something.

“No… no, that’s impossible,” she muttered to herself.