Part 13: Movie Therapy

Dissatisfaction, indecision, anger, sadness, fears. Once in a while, everyone goes through a period, days, or hours when these feelings become overwhelming, and don't allow us to be happy. For actor Stewart Wolmark, today was one of these days. His head is full of thoughts that he doesn't want to have. It is necessary for him to turn off his brain and escape into another reality in which his troubles and fears do not exist, and just like that he can be happy and relaxed once again.

 Certainly, no one likes lashing out to their loved ones and firing hurtful things and negative energy, not to mention getting to a point when things start flying in the room, yet many people do exactly that

Certainly, no one likes lashing out to their loved ones and firing hurtful things and negative energy, not to mention getting to a point when things start flying in the room, yet many people do exactly that. As opposed to that, Stewart Wolmark prefers draining out his negative energy and thoughts bottled up inside, by resting and having fun. So, whenever there is a chance, Wolmark gets rid of those bad thoughts or feelings by snuggling in his favorite spot on the sofa, next to the fireplace, or putting out the lights and playing one of his favorite films.

Today, movies are probably the most creative format available for worldwide audiences. People like Wolmark can relate to them on a number of different levels, of course depending upon interests and emotional investment. Movies can do wonders, take us on a journey we haven't been before or weren't allowed to. Watching a cheerful movie can even help you fight depression. That's why movies are considered as a free therapy approach or a counseling tool that help people deal with their personal issues, without hiring a counselor.

When it comes to helping people achieve self-awareness needed in the healing process, Stewart Wolmark has proven that movies can be equally effective, if not more, compared with traditional counseling tools. The healing power of films is incredible as it accesses feelings and emotions quickly, bringing them to the surface. Because we watch films from a third person perspective, they can serve for self discovery, help identify problems and find solutions, provide role models, and inspire and motivate us.