Chapter 4: Jealousy

Hello! I'm back with another chapter and I've also created new cover art! (Such wow, many cool) #IsDogeStillAThing

Sorry for the wait, I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy hums a tune to herself as she gets ready for the day. She is set to be at the train station soon to meet with Team Natsu before they leave for Onibus. While absent-mindedly brushing her hair in the bathroom mirror, she hears a knock at her door.

"Who is it?" She calls out as she puts her brush down and makes her way towards the door.

"It's me Erza." The voice answered back.

Sudden surprise hits Lucy as she heard the voice answer. "Oh, hey Erza." She said as she opened the door for her. "Come in."

As Erza walks in, she decides to take a look around. She was interested in seeing what kind of things Lucy filled her apartment with. The space was of decent size, much bigger than what she had at Fairy Hills. She glanced around to see a vanity table, where she imagined Lucy putting on her makeup everyday, though she didn't think she needed any. She saw a small kitchen and dining room table with extra seats for guests, wondering what it would be like if Lucy ever invited her over for dinner. A desk in the corner of the room caught her eye though, it had a huge stack of papers on it that appeared to be covered with notes and beside that was a book with unfinished writing in it, the ink had yet to dry.

"This is a nice place you have here, Lucy. I didn't know you got into writing." Erza said with curiosity in her voice as she nodded in the direction of the desk.

"Thank you. Oh that? I dabble in literature." Lucy said smiling. "I'm currently working on writing a novel about Fairy Tail."

"Is that so? Do you think I could read it sometime?" Erza asked as she stared at the book intensely, squinting her eyes slightly to see if her name was written somewhere within the pages.

"Of course. But I've already promised Levy that she could read it first, so you're going to have to wait." Lucy said as Erza looked disappointed as she was still very interested in what the book would possibly say about her.

"Anyways..." Lucy said not knowing how to continue the conversation. "Erza, how did you find out where I live?" She questioned in curiosity, she didn't recall ever telling her.

"I asked Natsu. Apparently he prefers to use the window to get in here." She said as she was shaking her head. "Do you have problems with him showing up unannounced?" Erza inquired. 

"Yes, actually." Lucy responds as she rolls her eyes, knowing all too well of Natsu and Happy appearing out of nowhere in her apartment. "Grey shows up too sometimes, although he prefers to use the chimney." Lucy said flatly.

"Well, I'll put a stop to it if need be. All you have to do is ask." Erza said as a small smile reached her face.

"Thanks, it's fine though. I mean, sure it's annoying, but I've gotten used to it." Lucy said as she waved her hand off in a manner to say not to worry about it.

Erza nodded in response. "Lucy, I realized that we haven't talked very much since you joined the guild, so before we leave for the train station, I decided that I would come over to help you pack so that we can catch up a little, it that okay?" She asked.

"Sure, that sounds great." Lucy said nervously. "But I'm just about done here, I had already packed most of my stuff last night."

"Oh...okay." Erza said slightly disheartened. "Perhaps we can talk more on the train ride there?It's going to be some time before we reach Onibus and I'd rather not sit in silence."