Chapter 6: Curtain Call (Part 2)

Again, sorry if there are any typos. I'll edit them out later.

Enjoy part 2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is time for the play to start and Team Natsu is getting ready for their performance in their dressing room.

"Sounds like a packed house." Grey said hearing the murmur of a large group of people.

"Yeah, I'm kind of nervous." Lucy said biting her lip.

"It will be fine, Lucy." Erza said trying to calm her.

"Yeah, we got this!" Natsu said, followed by an "Aye, sir!" from Happy.

Rabian appeared at the door. "Okay, are you all ready?"

"Yeah!" They all said in unison.

"Great! Now, get out there and break a leg!" Rabian said to them smiling as they got up and waited for their cues off stage.

Lucy summons Lyra to act as the narrator for the play. "Open gate of the Harp Constellation! Lyra!" A pink cloud appears and then quickly dissipates to reveal Lyra standing here with her harp in hand. "Okay, Lyra, just like we rehearsed." Lucy said to her as Lyra began to make her way onto the stage.

Lyra plays her harp as she sets the premise of the play. A lonely king sends his best knight to a tower far away to save a princess who has been locked up in a tower guarded by a fearsome dragon. Everything seems to be going well, everyone is getting their lines perfectly and they are hitting their cues where they should be, it's going off without a hitch just as Lucy planned, until Natsu's dragon shows up.

"Back off foul beast!" Erza shouts as she waves her sword at a paper mache dragon costume that Natsu was wearing.

Natsu was flying around the theater, making swoops over the audience as Happy was carrying him. Drawing some "oohs" and "ahhs" from the audience. Just as the final swoop was to be made, Happy began to lose his grip of the rope he was clinging onto. Natsu had been spewing out flames as he felt Happy no longer supporting his weight. His fire hit the stage as flames began to quickly erupt uncontrollably from it, causing the audience to flee for the exits. Grey in his quick thinking tries to use his ice-make magic to reduce the flames but it's not enough, the flames have spread almost half way throughout the theater.

Erza panicked, trying to find Lucy amongst the wreckage of the set. "Lucy!" She called out into the flames as smoke began to overwhelm her. "Lucy! Where are you?!" She called out again in desperation.

"I'm over here!" Lucy said coughing; she was pinned under a section of the tower that had fallen over due to the fire.

Erza ran to her to help. "Lucy, it's going to be okay, I'm going to get you out of here!" She said as she tried to lift up a piece of the tower so that Lucy could get out, but it was too heavy.

"Erza..." Lucy said weakly as she was already feeling the symptoms from inhaling too much smoke.

"Lucy... it will be... okay!" Erza said coughing as she tried with all of her might to lift the tower.

Suddenly a blinding white light appears; it was Aquarius, Lucy's spirit.

"Aquarius! Thank God, you have to help me!" Erza said in a panicked shaking voice.

Aquarius summoned a wave of water from her hands to put out the flames and in moments the fire was gone. She then used a pillar of water to lift the tower and free Lucy as Erza picked her up and carried her outside to safety.