Chapter 20:

We speed down the highway at 60 miles an hour. Rebekah's driving and I'm looking at a map and thinking about what I'm going to do when we eventually arrive. I don't know why I felt the overwhelming need to go back, after all, my elders did try to kill me. But I just felt like I needed to help the rest of my pack. The elders were using them and the power from their binding oath to stop themselves from turning once a month. Effectively they are weaker without their werewolf side as werewolves are powerful but I have a bad feeling that suppressing the turning gene isn't all they can do. And then it hits me. They could use it to turn whenever they want. Shit. We really have to help them then.

I nudge Rebekah and she understands instantly. She steps on the accelerator and we speed up, shooting across the country. We are driving to the airport to get a plane back to America. Then we'll drive across the country to find my pack wherever they may be, save them all and kill some bad guys. It's not as easy as it sounds. Trust me. I double check the rucksack sitting at my feet. It has spare clothes, a knife, some food and a bottle of black liquid. It has the same consistency of water.
There's one more thing that I've left out. Tomorrow night is the full moon. Which means I'm gonna turn. Or I would turn, except that we found another witch in Paris. She put a spell on me that would prevent any other witches from locking me in my wolf body or forcing me to turn. She gave me the potion and told me that I wouldn't turn on the full moon unless I drank it. It's  a safety precaution in case I need the back up of a wolf body.

We pull into the airport car park and jump out, grabbing bags. We walk into the departure building and grab a coffee. Then we wait. Rebekah leaves half way through and goes up to the place where you get tickets. I can't hear what's happening but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of get us a first class ticket for free to America. Compulsion is definitely helpful. She comes to sit down again and we sit together waiting for the gate to open.
Our plane is called and we go up to the priority pass queue. I smirk at the angry faces around us. And that's when Rebekah freezes. I nudge her.
"Bekah. What's up? Give him the tickets so we can get on the plane." She ignores me and turns around fully. I take the tickets myself and he stamps them, waving us on. I turn around and that's when I see the group of people walk around the corner. Rebekah must have heard them coming a mile off. They look completely normal and I am about to say this when I hear the chanting that accompanies them. Then i notice their hands are glowing, and the lights start to flicker. Black lighting starts swirling around the room and I wished to god that I'd never had that stupid dream. Why does everything go wrong? Rebekah's not willing to get her ass kicked by witches again and I can see she's getting ready to fight. I yank on her arm and she resists. The noise is awful, crashing noises fill the airport. I shout in her ear.
"If we don't go now, we're dead and so is everyone else." This musty finally make her listen and she follows me down the passage onto the plane. Right before the doors shut she grabs a piece of metal that must've broken off the wall due to the lightning and picks it up. I don't try to stop her as she flings it down the corridor with vampire strength. It hits one of the witches in the chest and for a moment the lightning dims. Then we slam the door, turn around and run.

I sprint down the passage and I hear something behind me. There's a rush of air and suddenly I'm sitting on a bed in the first class area of the plane. Rebekah it's sitting next to me examining her nails, looking very pleased with herself. I breath a sigh of relief as the plane takes off and finally let myself relax. It's a long flight ahead of us and I need to sleep if I want to stay alive tomorrow. Rebekah gets into bed next to me and I go red. Lucky it's dark. Within minutes she's asleep and I turn over so that I'm facing her. I move closer and rest my head on her shoulder. I give in to the pull of sleep and for a minute it's like I'm a normal girl, sleeping next to the person she loves.