Confusing Feelings.

A distortion of images surfaced in your mind, playful colours flashing beneath your eyelid. Your skin tingled from a memory of cool water, ears ringing with whispers and coy calls of your name. It was a melody, almost, making you fall deeper and deeper into the cloud of fog that seemed to have no end to it. Your fingers twitched suddenly, muscles jerking as if shaken up for the first time in years. A voice, shy, but filled with hurt, played like a broken record when those sweet calls died down. Did you hear a faint chirping of birds? Who was talking? Your heart jumped back to life and you parted your lips to take in a deep breath of air.

Cheerful laughter echoed in where ever you were. Slowly, using the small amount of energy you had, you pried your tired eyes open. Through a forest of dark lashes you could faintly make out white lights and pale sheets, feeling dizzy you closed them back up. Again, you tried and succeeded, falling into light panic when you did not recognise where you were. You halted upwards, sitting up as cold sweat poured out your skin. That fear was soon eased as you realized you were at the Hospital Wing. But why? You couldn't recall anything.

"(Name)!" You turned your head and grinned seeing your Quidditch team shuffling by the door way, Eveline being the first one to rush to you and engulf you into a tight hug. You hugged back right away, releasing a dry chuckle as your eyes curiously wandered from one happy face to another, an unspoken question lingering in the air. Once she let go she wiped a tear from her eye before anyone could catch on and squeezed you one more time before sitting down, "Oh, how worried we were, you have no idea!"

"Yeah," Kevin Quill, a boy who had a crush on you since second year, spoke up, ruffling his already messy tar black hair, "What happened to you?" Despite trying to sound nonchalant he was clearly worried. The group gazed at you demanding for an answer.

"...Sorry, I don't quite recall...anything." You murmured, faltering under their stares.

"We were told you were poisoned." Eveline pipped up.

"Poisoned?" You gasped, "By whom?" They shook their heads.

"We don't know..."

"Yes, we do." Kevin told, bitterly, "It was that freak Scamander I tell you. I saw you try and befriend him, (Name). He probably got desperate when you saw him for what he truly is and poisoned you."

You stopped listening at 'Scamander', the name shaking you to the very core and striking your head with such immense pain your vision danced with white stars. In a rush you recapped everything that had happened – from hitting his nose with your broom to fighting off Grindylows and barely making it out. It was he that had saved you...Yes! Yes now you remember! Unbeknownst to you a smile so bright lit up your face your group a friends shared an uneasy look.

"No, no, you got it all wrong!" You said, "Newt saved me. He brought me here! If he didn't...who knows what would have happened..." that was a much darker thought you didn't wish to linger on. Kevin was not convinced, though. He took a confident step closer, drawing in your attention and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Things might be confusing to you now, but I assure you Scamander did not save you. He was the one who put you in danger, (Name). Creature will get what's coming for him, just you wait---" before he could finish the big doors cracked open again, this time a fumbling mess of a student slipping in but abruptly freezing once he saw the angry mob lancing him with their glares. It all soon faded for him as he saw you awake. Albeit tired, to him you still looked absolutely lovely. For a short moment Newt forgot just how unwanted he was, his eyes peering into your own with love as a half-smile lit up his freckled face.

"(Name)..." Newt muttered, disbelieve riddling his voice. Dark clouds soon settled, though, as your friends took a protective stance in front of you, Kevin Quill already making his way to Scamander to teach him a lesson or two. Newt faltered, fear shaking his bones as the much taller and buffer male drew in close. As if only now realizing that this will not end well, you jolted, gripping your sheets tightly – you still couldn't move, sadly – panic striking your chest.