Chapter 2

Grain's P.O.V.

~Flashback~

It was a trick. I stepped inside the meeting room and took my seat  at the long table next to my parents. I saw the Talgune king, queen, and eldest son too. Out of the corner of my eye I saw some Talgune guards lock the doors.

"What is the meaning of this?" My father asked calmly.

"Revenge." Answered the Talgune king. Then it all happened so quickly. They killed our guards, the servants in the room, (Not Taurtis, after he brought Grian to the meeting room he left) then they killed my mother and father. And the Talgune king laughed and laughed. I looked at the corpses covered in blood. I felt sick.

"Keep this one alive." The king ordered his guards "He might be useful to us one day." And with that they left. I just sat there, too shocked to move. After that it was all just a blur. A bunch of guards came in and took me to my room.

~Flashback Over~

I heard a knock at the door. I didn't say anything.

"Prince Grian?" A voice called. No response. I heard a sigh come from the other side of the room and the door was opened. It was Taurtis. I tried to wipe my tears so he wouldn't know I was crying, but my puffy red eyes gave it away. He saw me and ran over to give me a hug. "Shh...it's okay to cry." I sobbed into his shoulder.

"I don't know what to do Tuartis." I whispered.

"Shh...I know Grian, I know." That was the first time he had ever called my name without saying prince. We sat like that for a long time until I drifted off to sleep.

Dragonite- Sorry this was kinda short but I hope you liked it!