I can't remember anything... Scratch that. All three of us can't remember anything! Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Jaylah POV

There was conversations going all around the table. Was I included? No. Was I paying attention? Not at all. Why? Because I was way past my comfort zone. Mainly, because I was sat right beside my ex-boyfriend; Chas. Yup, I figured out his name. Chas. It's pretty sexy if you ask me, but I'm not going to go out with somebody because I like their name. Now, that would be ridiculous!

I tried to argue, but they wouldn't give in. They thought it would be 'good' for us to bond. And that we looked 'adorable' together.

And are we bonding? NO. Are we together? NO. So please, tell me what's the point of all this?

I felt someones emotions change so sudden that it caused me to jerk back. My back hit the back of my chair so hard that if the chair wasn't cushioned, then I would have a huge bruise coming my way.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked from beside me. I looked to my right expecting to see Chas, but it wasn't. It was Chas's brother; Nash. Oh! yeah Chas was sitting on my left side while Nash was on my right.

I nodded. "Yeah." I said it so softly that I could barely hear myself!

"Are you sure? You don't look so good." His face was full of concern and care. It was then that I really started to look at him. Nash had brown hair and icy blue eyes. His nose was perfect, his lips were even perfecter (if that's even a word). They looked so soft that I was tempted to just brush my fingers across them to see how soft they were.

I mentally slapped myself. No Jaylah! Bad Jaylah! BAD Girl!

"Jaylah?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you okay. You look kind of pale." He seemed really worried.

"I'm fine." He didn't bye it. "Really I am." I smiled reassuringly.

His face lite up and he smiled back. His smile was so breathtaking. I gasped. "What's the matter?"

I looked down at the table with a deep blush playing on my cheeks. I shook my head avoiding his gaze.

He placed his hand under my chin and lifted my head up so that I was looking at him. That only made me blush more. He looked at me weirdly.

"What?"

I took a deep shaky breath in, ready to confess, but-

"Desert time!" Chas exclaimed from beside me. I turned around in my seat suddenly aware of the people around me. Not only were they there, but they were also listening. They were all staring at us, and I felt all different emotions swirling around in the air.

Jaymes was calm with understanding. Jayden was bored. Mom seemed to be wavering over one emotion to the other. Happiness or disappointment. Dad? Well, he was just staring because everyone else was. Mrs. Harrison seemed thrilled. Mr. Harrison was the same. While Chas was full of envy and jealousy. He was infuriated.

I looked at him and he looked away, avoiding all eye contact from me.

"Sue! Bring in the desert will you," He told one of the servers who happen to be in the room the whole time during me and Nash's conversation. Sue looked to be in her mid thirties. Dark brown shoulder length hair. She looked at me and gave me an apologetic look, then went back into the kitchen.

After, dinner we decided to go into the Harrison's huge library. I wouldn't have called it a library if it weren't for all the books. It was more like a living room and a library put together. The room was dim; lite with candles. There was comfy white couches -and also black leather couches- in the middle of the room. There was bookcases with almost as much books as our library has, sat into them. Oh! and don't forget the grand piano in the corner. The cool thing about it was that the whole piano was clear except for the piano keys.