fourteen

"Four of them are in the house. Stiles and Allison, Lydia definitely, and I'm thinking Jackson is the other one."

Boyd had just returned from getting information on who was in the house. I felt so bad for helping Derek and the Beta's out. I hated betraying my friends like this.

"Anything else?" Derek asked, not taking his eyes off of the house.

We all stood across the street, staring at the McCall's house. A house I once called my second home.

"Back door is unlocked."

I cursed under my breath, "Dammit, Scott, all the time."

"Who shall I send in?" Derek asked to no one in particular.

I chewed on my lip. Whoever they send in there is going to kill someone. I can't let them kill my friends or my brother.

"Isaac." I blurted.

"What?" everyone asked at the same time.

I let out a shaky breath, but put on a confident face to not let them see me questioning my own motives, "Send, Isaac. He's our best bet."

"Fine. Isaac, go on. You know what to do." Derek commanded.

Isaac took a step toward the house, only to stop when I gripped his wrist. He looked back at me, a questioning look on his face.

"Don't you dare kill my brother." I growled.

He nodded before running off toward the McCall house. I took a step back, crossing my arms over my chest as another shaky breath forced its way out of my body. Derek wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side. I looked up at his face, it still held no emotion as he kept his gaze on Scott's house. He really doesn't want to show he cares.

Derek, Boyd, and I watched in disbelief as the door to the McCall house opened and Isaac and Erica were thrown out onto the lawn. Derek let out a heavy breath before looking up at the door as Stiles and Allison walked out, following Scott.

Scott looked angry. I mean, I would be too. When I knew Scott was looking at me, I winked. This was part of my plan. I knew that Stiles and Allison could hold off Isaac until Scott got there. Isaac was too cocky for his own good.

"I think I'm finally getting why you keep refusing me, Scott." Derek broke the silence, "You're not an Omega. You're already an Alpha, of your own pack."

I looked up at Derek and he looked almost... proud? Then that familiar, cocky smile stretched across his face.

"But you know you can't beat me."

I punched him in the arm.

"I can hold you off until the cops get here." Scott breathed out.

Derek's face fell, his eyes, along with mine and Boyd's, looking down the street as we heard sirens in the distance. That panic soon wore off as we heard a hiss.

"Uh... Derek?" I nudged his arm and pointed toward the roof.

It was the Kanima.

Scott, Allison, and Stiles all ran out into the yard to look. They were just as panicked as we were.

The Kanima crawled to the edge of the roof before turning back and roaring at us. Derek glared up at the Kanima as it scampered off into the night. I then saw his gaze shift down to a paralyzed Erica and an unconscious Isaac.

"Get them out of here." He commanded Boyd and I.

Before any of us moved, our attentions were caught by movement at the McCall's front door. It was Lydia. She walked right out onto the porch. 

"Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" she pleaded.

I watched as Scott looked in the direction of where the Kanima had been.

"It's Jackson."

"Are you okay?"

Isaac nodded slowly, his eyes barely open. After the fiasco at the McCall's house, Boyd and I brought Erica and Isaac back to warehouse so that they could heal from their wounds. Currently, Isaac and I were in his bedroom. I was leaned up against the wall beside his bed while he had his head resting in my lap.

I ran my fingers through his curls and couldn't help but chuckle, "You took quite a beating back there. I mean, Scott I believe, but Stiles and Allison? Come on."

"Shut up." he pouted.

I giggled at his reaction. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, suddenly exhausted from everything that happened today. When I think about it, today just feels like it lasted for so long.

"Collins?"

My eyes fluttered open and I looked down at Isaac, "Mhmm?"

"I didn't want to kill Lydia. Derek threatened us." he spoke.

I rubbed his bicep as I leaned back and closed my eyes again, "Good, because if you had even tried I would've ripped your throat out. Then I would've completely abandoned Derek. Lydia is my friend and I will protect her no matter what."

"I believe you will."

The two of us just laid there in a comfortable silence. That's the thing with Isaac and I, we didn't need to be talking to enjoy each other. Our friendship was on an entirely different level. Even though it's only been a week or so, our friendship had to grow this fast. Being a werewolf, all of your relationships have to be serious or thrown away. No in between.

"What do I have to do to get you to leave Derek and date me?" Isaac blurted.

My eyes shot open and I sat up quickly, almost knocking Isaac off of my lap.

"What?"

He sat up, putting his hands behind him to prop himself up.

"I think you heard me, Collins." he smirked at me.

I shook my head, "No, no, no. I did. I just wanted to know what you meant by that."

"I mean, I want you to stop whatever you have with Derek and be with me. I could treat you so much better than Derek ever could. I'll actually love you and care for you. I'd always be there." he rambled on.

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Really?"

"I think you underestimate my persistence." he winked at me.

I grabbed hold of his hands, looking him straight in the eyes.

"I think you underestimate the history Derek and I have."