twentyfour

"You feeling okay?"

Scott breathed out as he shook his head, "Nah, it's not the moon. It's something different."

Scott walked away as another voice filled my ears.

"Why am I wearing black?" the voice sounded so familiar, "What are you, an idiot? I just came from a funeral! People wear black at funerals."

Stiles and I turned to look at who it was.

"Dude, chill!" a boy yelled.

It was Dad.

"You, chill. Get out of my face." he grunted, pushing the boy away.

Dad was drunk, he even had a bottle of Jack Daniel's in his hand. Not this again. Dad couldn't be drinking again.

The music stopped as Dad turned to face Stiles and I. He looked mad and I wasn't sure why.

He raised the bottles of alcohol toward us, "Its you two. Its all you."

I grabbed hold of Stiles' hand. I hated when Dad was drunk.

"You know, everyday I saw her laying there in that hospital slowly dying. I thought, 'How the hell am I supposed to raise these stupid kids on my own?' These hyperactive little bastards who keep ruining my life." Dad pointed at us.

I could feel the tears sliding down my face. Is this what he really thought of us? Did we really ruin his life?

Everyone was staring at Stiles and I at this point. Stiles squeezed my hand, it was his way of telling me to be strong. Let me tell you, I was trying my hardest.

"Let me tell you. It's you two, Stiles and Collins." Dad said our names with disgust, pointing at us once more, "You two killed your mother. You hear me? You two killed her... and now you're killing me."

Dad then tossed the bottle of alcohol at us, both Stiles and I immediately covered our faces. But there was no crash. We opened our eyes and Dad wasn't there. No one was looking at us and the music was still going. I looked around the party and so did Stiles. We wiped our faces of tears before looking at each other.

"Y-You saw that too... right?" I whispered.

All he did was nod. Neither one of us really wanted to talk about what we had seen.

Well, what we had imagined.

•••••

I looked down at my phone, a missed call and a voicemail from Derek. I furrowed my eyebrows before clicking play on the voicemail.

"Collins, can you call me back? I think I'm gonna need some help."

My eyes switched to my very drunk brother.

"Sorry, Derek. You're gonna have to handle this one yourself." I mumbled.

Scott ran over, a water bottle in his hand, "Stiles, look at me, drink the water. Stiles, drink it! Something is happening and I need you to sober up right now. Come on, Stiles."

"What do you think you're doing?" this random girl asked, appearing next to Stiles, "You want to sober him up fast? That's not the way to do it."

"Think you can do better?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

She smirked, "I can do best."

She grabbed Stiles torso and dunked his head into the pool of water next to us. Once she sat him back up, he was gasping for air.

"Woo! How do you feel?" she asked my brother.

He breathed out, "Like I might have to revisit my policy on hitting a girl."