Chapter Four (Edited)

David Arsenal

Zayla's body slumped in my arms, and I carefully took her into my arms, went over to the couch, and laid her down

Zayla's body slumped in my arms, and I carefully took her into my arms, went over to the couch, and laid her down. Zayla has not changed from the last three years we'd met, and she was as beautiful and sexy as I remembered her.  Though from our last encounter, I would mention loved hearing her moans instead of this new version of her making demands.

Her hair was past her shoulders now and kept the same smell of jasmine and cocoa butter that would intoxicate any man. Her chest rose and fell with each breath as she rested. I did not know how long I was watching her until I received a phone call from my younger twin sister, Margo.

"Yes?"

"David, are you finished yet? You know it can be dangerous to stay in California for long, especially with Kieran's people swarming all over the state," Margo said.

"I'm done with my business up here, but I need your help on the sixth floor," I told her.

She did not respond after a while and said, "David, please tell me blood is not everywhere because I swear to God I'm not cleaning it up!—"

"No, Margo, this visit was...different."

"Different, how?"

-

Soon, Margo entered the apartment after knowing it was safe. There were cameras all around, and she instructed one of my members to have the footage to be stilled. No one needed to know we were there. I opened the door for Margo, and she gasped seeing Zayla's lifeless body.

Margo began, "David, please tell me this woman is not dead! I thought you and Aaron had an oath not to kill women!—"

"Margo, liniște! (Margo, quiet!)" I scolded her.

Margo was not having it and continued, "Nu striga la mine, nenorocitule! (Don't yell at me you asshole!) How dare you harm a family? Wasn't what Dad did—"

How dare she compare me to a man like that?

"N-aș răni niciodată mama copilului meu!  Ce s-a întâmplat— (I would never hurt the mother of my child! What is wrong—)" I spoke louder.

My words shocked her as she surveyed my face.

"The mother of your child?" Margo asked.

Seeing she had calmed down, I then began to explain to her, "Yes, this is Zayla Ingrid, the mother of my daughter, Micah. Micah should be in the room right around the corner."

Margo looked at me for a minute and then furrowed her eyebrows in anger.

"You have a daughter and did not tell me? I am your twin, David. Your fucking twin!"

"Margo, I found out about Micah a year ago. Zayla is very intelligent and can cover her tracks well but not enough for Kieran," I said to her.

Margo sighed and rubbed her temples, "Well, how did this happen? How did you meet Zayla and find out about Micah? I mean you told me you had the best night of your life with a woman in California, and I had no idea it was that good of a time."