"Yes Dr. Lecter."

"Yes, Dr. Lecter."

Pairing- Hannibal Lecter & Alana Bloom

"Welcome Ms. Bloom. I must say, I am intrigued that you have decided to step into my office as a patient, instead of a colleague. Under current circumstance, I believe it to be for the best."

"Thank you, Doctor, I'm sure that it will be. I apologize for burdening you with my problems lately. I've been forced to keep my thoughts to myself... forced to keep all relationships strictly professional. I feel as though I haven't anywhere else to turn."

Hannibal placed his hand on top of Alana's shoulder. "Alana, never apologize for coming to me. The only burden I carry is not noticing Will's behavior sooner."

"Hannibal, no one knew. No one possibly could have known. His sickness grew within all of us."

He brought his hand further down her sleeve, helping her to remove her jacket. "That as it may be, I still hold blame for what it has done to you."

Alana brushed the lint off from her brand-new trousers. To bury herself into her work, would be to bury herself into the guilt of Will Graham. So, she chose new forms of distraction; shopping for new work attire, being one of them.

Hannibal hung her coat and then showed Alana to the sofa. "Alana, for the sake of our appointment today, I will have to ask that you address me as 'Dr. Lecter'; as I will address you, 'Ms. Bloom'. Alright?"

"Of course, I understand." She carefully arranged her body as she lied back.

"Excellent. Please, relax... close your eyes... and focus on nothing, but my voice."

Alana did as instructed, while Hannibal sat directly beside her.

"Now," he continued. "I'd like you to tell me about your fantasies."

She smirked, "Fantasies?"

"Yes, your reoccurring thoughts."

"Dr. Lecter, I don't understand what you are asking."

Hannibal breathed softly. "Your fantasies, Ms. Bloom. Day dreams, if you will. I am asking you to share them."

Alana squinted her eyes open in confusion. "And what do my fantasies have to do with my coping of Will Graham?"

"Everything. They are your only escape from the cruelty of reality. Fantasy is a form of self-medication, a divergent realm. One that allows you to idealize your life at it's peak of perfection. One that allows you complete control."

"...Control?" She gulped as she re-shut her eyes.

Hannibal stared at her body, watching her breaths grow more rapid as her chest would rise and fall. "Do you have an issue with control, Ms. Bloom?"

"I... I don't know. Perhaps."

"What about others gaining control over you? Do you have issue with that?"

Alana remained silent, shoving the finger nails from her left hand into her right arm; balancing her internal conflict with physical pain.

Disregarding her silence, he returned to his initial subject. "Do your fantasies share any one common variable?"

"Yes. They all share the same man." She bit down on her lower lip after answering.

"And how would you describe this man's character?"

"I would describe him as mysterious.. a man of many secrets."

"How do those qualities affect you, Ms. Bloom?"