Chapter 1

•1865•

Go away go away go away, please...

I can't go away

I am you and you are me

•1865•

Wake up.

Wake up.

Alfred woke up with a chill that crawled up his spine. He noticed his surroundings cautiously as he lifted his resting head from his knees.

Alfred examined his violently quivering hands in front of him with fear. Drops of cold sweat were placed all over his body. His breath began to accelerate as he tried to scoot deeper into the corner he was in.

The only noticeable light was the rising sun illuminating through the window blinds. The light reminded Alfred of the previous horrid night. His eyes widened and movement stopped. It's over?

Alfred held onto the area where his heart was tightly. Salty tears left his dull eyes. It's finally over. The civil war is over.

Alfred tried to wipe away the tears quickly. He had missed many meetings, but could perhaps make it to today's. He didn't want anyone to keep worrying for him.

As soon as he tried to stand up though, an excruciating and throbbing pain had traveled through his right leg. Alfred fell back down with a moan, and tried to breath slowly again.

After a couple seconds, Alfred rolled up his pants to see a gigantic purple and blue hued bruise on his thigh. Alfred's face grew pale as he observed the bruise. It engulfed his muscular thigh and hurt like a bitch.

Alfred of course had many bruises and scratches placed throughout his body from the war, but this was different. He thought he would remember getting a bruise this massive.

Alfred once more tried to get up, but much slower. He used the wall to carefully stand up as he held his painful thigh.

As the sun grew higher in the sky, the faster Alfred tried to get ready. He dressed in a soft white blouse like shirt that had a somewhat long collar with a vest over it, and narrow like pants to match. He checked his shiny pocket watch and smiled in satisfaction. This will be the first time in a while he will make the meeting.

Alfred walked his way to the building it would be held, and thank god it was near him. His leg pain had gone down, but still hurt. He walked through the doors with time to spare, and noticed the table of mixed nations to the far right.

He saw all the familiar faces until one of them turned his way and froze. Arthur made eye contact and covered his mouth as his eyes started to tear up. The other nations were confused until they too, looked where Arthur had his eyes set on.

"Oh my god.." Arthur whispered behind his excited hands as tears uncontrollably started to leave his eyes. "Alfred..you're ok..."

"Alfred! How is it? You doing well?" Francis smiled wider than he ever had when Alfred approached the table.

Alfred sat down in his cold seat while all the attention was set at him. The nations spent most of their time talking to him hoping Alfred was doing well.

Arthur remained silent though. He couldn't believe his eyes. Alfred is finally back and he looks like he's had a rough time. Injuries were found all over his face, and it made Arthur want to cry more.

As he observed more though, he noticed that he even had injuries around his neck hidden with the collar unless you looked close enough. When he did look closer though, it looked like a rosy and dark thick line that went around Alfred's neck like a choker. Arthur gasped and his tears came back.

"Arthur! Stop crying and say hello!" Francis gave Arthur a "come here" gesture.

Arthur nodded slowly but his heart was racing. That ring cannot be from the war.

Author: well I finally did it! You can comment your thoughts and what you think happened and such. I hope you enjoyed!