Ch. 1 The Snowballs Next Week

P.O.V Mike

She's here. Elevens here. 4 months with absolutely no sign from her, then one day she shows up on my doorstep. What the hell?! I poured my blood, sweat, and tears into making sure she was safe. I wasted time and energy wallowing away in my room, pining away for something that was probably dead, and sobbing my heart out when I did nothing wrong.

I did nothing wrong.

Oh, she's gonna get it. I'm gonna tell her right now how awful she is, I'm gonna tell her how awful she made me feel, then I'm gonna tell her how awful she should feel.

"Why are you here?" I say.

"I...i...i"

"Spit it out."

"The snowball's next week."

........

Finally I say,"come inside."

_______________________________

We are sitting in the fort in my basement that I never took down, the conversation is awkward and stifled, and no matter how many questions I ask she answers with, "the snowball is next week."

"Why are you here?"I say. "The snowballs next week."

"What do you want?" I say. "The snowballs next week."

"Do you want to stay?" I say. "The snowballs next week."

"Where were you?" I say. "The sno-....."

So maybe she does answer with something different. I stand up and walk away from the fort to the walkie talkie I hid under the stairs. Lucas and Dustin were listening in on the conversation to see if they hear anything that I might miss. "Eleven,"I say, growing more and more uncomfortable by the second."I know that talking has never really been your thing, and I don't mean to get all babyish on you but, you need to use your words. Now more than ever."
It was at that moment that I couldn't sense any of her emotions. I couldn't tell if she was angry or relieved, scared or excited, ready or not, but I knew something inside her was brewing. There was something she need to release. I sat down next to her, put hand on hers, and then she started to say,"-

Hope you enjoyed that chapter, it was really short but I just wanted to get stuff going.😊-avisstories