Chapter 4

The frozen icicle shot fast and straight through Essem. Ripples formed from the target spot and waved outward like a water droplet in falling into a lake. Joonmyun knew something was wrong. He quickly averted his attention from in front of him and made a 360, looking for any signs of power, when suddenly he stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Jongin don't move." He replied with his voice shaking.

All of a sudden I felt a body behind me. "Why hello there, I'm Essem, and you are?" I slowly turned around to see where the voice was from.

"Don't move!" I heard Joonmyun shout as I felt a sharp object pierce through my thigh. I couldn't feel my right leg. I swung my hand to my thigh and applied pressure over the injured area and teleported back into the plane. I fell over and saw wide-eyed Kyungsoo, "It's okay, it's nothing." I said trying to get back up, but failed and fell backwards into his arms.

Tears started forming in Kyungsoo's eyes, "Yixing!!!" He yelled.

My breathing was starting to break. I looked up and saw Yixing flustered and unknown. It wasn't often that he looked nervous.

"Where's your tattoo?" Yixing asked. Kyungsoo turned his head from me to Yixing.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE HIS TATTOO IS?" He yelled.

"It's not on your chest," Yixing replied.

Kyungsoo got his fist up and brought it back. I grabbed the hand.

"No, it's not his fault, I never showed you guys. You'll be shocked." I managed to whisper. "Get ready."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. Filled my lungs in and let out a loud breath. "Hah~"

A large triangle with a spiral inside appeared hovering over my body. Glowing blue now above me was the triangle. My tattoo change whenever I was hurt, something I was told never to tell anyone.

"Heal my leg, West told me that if anything happened, heal the wound and not my tattoo." I said.

Yixing nodded and did as told he closed his eyes and his hair got lighter and lighter until it reached the bright yellow hue. I winced at the pain but tried to keep calm.

Jongin, your stone was the only unfound stone, there has to be a secret. Your body is also the only one with this unique feature. You mustn't tell anyone. West's words suddenly replayed in my mind.

"AISH~" I cursed as the pain flowed through my entire body when suddenly a shot of energy sped through my body. My tattoo reappeared on my chest. My chest started thumping faster and faster. Energy was flowing and propelling from the one spot on my chest to the rest of my body.

"Use your power, it might help." Zitao's words came to mind. I disappeared and reappeared all over the plane and finally the energy surge stopped.

"Are you okay?" Yixing and Kyungsoo said at the same time. Kyungsoo glared at Yixing, "You made him in pain!" He slapped the back of his head and his eyebrows burrowed together meeting, making and angled line.

"It's not his fault. I'm not like you guys, my body is strange. Even though it is said that I can't teleport to a place without being there first I can, that saying is just a cover. I cannot remember when I was born. I am the one soul that never dies. I am immortal." I paused and looked around. They were starting to stare, "I have met every generation of souls and collected the stones for others, I know exactly where Kyungsoo's stone is, that's why I'm not scared or worried, but I still haven't found my own after all these years. All of the gate guardians know your parents and everything about you, but we were told not to tell anyone or let anything leak out. I was an exception. I lived with them my whole life. Have you ever wondered why I can go to all of our hideouts without being there once before? This explains it." I said standing up.

Kyungsoo and Yixing stood staring at me. I didn't notice but all of the other souls were surrounding me now. They heard everything.

"How could you keep such a thing to yourself? You're one of us!" Kyungsoo said, sounding outraged.

"I was told not to, and I've already told you once. That is, uh, your past self." I replied.

"Whatever, we need to get this plane to safety." Yixing said, going to Tao and healing his tiredness. Blue was shining everywhere. Everyone was exhausted. What would I do now?

I disappeared as everyone was helping each other, went to Essem and talked to him face to face.

"Look here, I'll notify you when we get the stone. Then we can fight for it. Injuring the souls will not result in a better chance of finding their stone. The soul themselves needs to find it in order for it to function correctly, so you having the stone makes no difference on us. Leave us alone!" I yelled. It wasn't very often that I confronted people, but if it was for the current Kyungsoo, I'd do anything. His past self was similar but I never had warm feelings of security and love, but now I have felt warmth everyday because of him. I am determined to find the stone and give it to Kyungsoo so he can stay safe like all of the other souls.

Essem stood speechless. Then out of the blue he started laughing with deep heavy breaths. "~HAHAHAHAH~ you think talking and threatening will stop me, the great powerful King Essem? How many years and this Is the first time you speak up, and now you are threatening me. ~~hahahaha, what a silly child."

"You know what? I've never talked to you right, not because I was scared, but because I have enough power to kill you right away but I haven't done so. And another thing, YOU are not the real King Essem. You only host a body for his soul. The original Essem was much more powerful than you. The original souls were also much more powerful." I started getting angry and felt energy surge through my veins.

"Sucks for you, children; you souls are only hosts also. So we are even. No, I am more powerful on a proportion scale to the past." Essem chuckled.

"Sir, are you forgetting that I am the same every generation. Why do you think that?"Essem silenced at my words.

"I have never died. I have been 15 ever since I was brought to the Kingdom of EXO. It is the Kingdom of EXO not Kingdom of Essem. Please understand." I said and grabbed his hand. I disappeared and dropped him in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and left. That would save us some time to get to land. Teleportation was the only power that Essem didn't hold from the soul. We are more powerful by one soul.

Me.

I teleported back onto the plane and all of the other souls stared at me.

"Where's Essem? It's calm now." Sehun asked.

I looked at Kyungsoo, who was currently facing away from me, "He wasn't outside." I lied.

"Oh that's good news; we better land the plane as quickly as we can." Joonmyun said.

"Yeah," I said not hearing what he said and pushing everyone aside. Today was the first for a lot of things. It was the first day ever in my long life that I felt cold because of a single person.

Do Kyungsoo.