Chapter 4

-Mark-

      "You know what Matthew? Shut the fuck up, All you are ever good for is winning kisses over mommy, and talking to mid air when you think you are talking to dad." I yelled through the end of my phone. Matthew was pissing me off by asking if I was sure if I wanted to stick with UNC. I knew what my decision was and I was sticking to it. Besides switching teams would make such a big dramatic buzz.

     "Okay Mark, act this way. You are such a prick. I hope you know that. I can't stand you anymore man. It's just sad now. Not fuuny. Just sad. You act so childish. And what is your deal with Dad brother? Don't hate me because I talk to our deceased father. I have a connection to him. He helps me ball hard. So back off."

     I wish he would just chill at this point. I was trying to play xbox and relax without him nagging.

     "Matt, just listen I am so sorry I haven't got to get as close to Samuel like you have. I've tried. I honestly have. You and Momma need to quit judging me because I'm not close to him or follow his dreams."

The line went dead. I knew it was going to be a long four years.

-Matthew-

      Miranda had just left my apartment and I was missing her already. That was until the other cute gil from campus called me.

"Hey Matthew Hale right?" She chirped. I was smiling that she knew my name already.

"Hey, the girl from the bench on campus?" I wasn't sure what her name was. She never told me at any point.

"Yeah although I like the name 'the girl from the bench on campus' I also go by Alex."

I thought about her looks and she does look like an Alex. I also liked her sense of humor. She was so funny to talk to. Miranda on the other hand was funny at time but she was a little more left brained. Everthing Miranda done had to be perfect and she had to make everyone think she was perfect.

"Oh so Alex, what's up?" I said nervously. If she asked to go out for coffee should I say that I had a girlfriend, or that I didn't like coffee or both?

"Nothing much, I was just thinking of your muscular arms and beautiful smile of yours, and figured I would call. So about that coffee date, you up for it tonight?" Oh god I should've known she was going to ask.

"Yeah that's cool, but can we just go as friends, like not an official date? I have a girlfriend and I don't think she would like the thought of me going on a date." I should've left the girlfriend part out. She would probably think I'm a player.

"Oh yeah, um yeah that's cool. We can go somewhere a little more non-datish. Like you want to go bowling and a fast food dinner?" she said laughing. It really wasn't a bad idea.

"Sure." I said. Then her laughing came to a stop.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah why not? It sounds fun if you think about it. I will pick you up at our bench at nine o' clock, don't be late." I said hanging up. Why did I say 'our bench'? It was just a bench. Nothing special about it. Stupid Matthew, stupid.

-James-

      Mine and emily's date couldn't had went better. I was practically dancing when I got home. For the past eight months I was wanting to kiss her soft lips and tonight I finally got to kiss her. It was the best feeling ever. I'm not sure what I did to deserve a girl like that but I must be doing something right.

      I think a bog reason Emily liked me so well is because she comes from a basketball family, and I was an assistant coach for the Boston Celtics. She talked about her boys all the time. They have talent alright. A lot of talent for young men their age. I was amazed when I had the honor to watch them on their Senior Night game. Matthew has good strategy and determination. Mark had the crowd to feed off of, and good hands. Together they would be unstoppable.

      From my reasoning with the two of them, I could see why Matthew wasn't a big fan of his brother. If they played together for Duke, then they would make history. And for Mark to walk out on the big plan would've pissed me off too. I couldn't wait to meet the two of them at Thanksgiving. Emily was finally ready for me to greet them. She said they would love me because I loved basketball. I could see her point.