Awakening

How long had it been since that terrible car accident? It had been a week - seven long days and nights without you or your sweet voice, and there still hadn't been any signs of you waking up anytime soon. 

And maybe that was for the best, for your own sake. The doctors who took care of you, had said that you had suffered a very bad blood loss and your body needed time to recover from all the other contusions. 

And most likely you couldn't be able to even walk because your lower body had suffered the most. There had been a deep wound on your waist due to the strong crash with the family car - your body had been sliding over the sidewalk, the ground scratching your skin until you had smashed into a metallic streetlight. There were wounds everywhere on your body.

The accident had been said to be entirely unintentional and if something, you were the one they found culpable. Walking in the dark without looking ahead - how could a simple driver had seen that coming since there normally wasn't people around at that time of the night. However, you had been completely awake since you didn't drink any alcohol that night, and blaiming you was useless so they left the case to that.

Your boyfriend, Kuroo, in the other hand was not so pleased with the decision. He had seen the whole accident with his two eyes - it had been traumatizing to see his loved one hurt, almost dying. Also, on the day after the accident, your condition had been really bad and nobody was sure if you were going to survive. He wanted justice and his goal was to make you look completely guiltless. He didn't give up mentioning the fact over and over again until the doctors told him that your awakening was certain and would happen anytime soon. The news had eased his mind.

This day had been like the other seven days. You were sleeping on the hospital bed, having a probably endless dream while everyone else tried their best to make you wake up. You weren't aware of the world around you and this, if anything, pained Kuroo because he wanted to comfort you. But since you couldn't even hear his words, it was totally useless. He decided to hold your hand instead, feeling its' warm in his owns. 

Your condition had been much better for these last two days. However, while your body continued recover from its injuries, your mind stayed just like that - it wasn't ready to wake up and continued keeping you in a worthless coma. 

Kuroo's attention was now on the machine which showed your whole body's condition. Your heartbeat was normal, blood pressure maybe a little down but not under the permissible limit. There was even some brain function which had been activating more each day. Although the doctors had warned him about any prospective changes of condition which were possible when the patient wasn't awake, he was certain that you would wake up. You were a strong woman, he knew that.

You let out a soft sound and he immediately looked back at you. Are you finally awake?! He thought and moved closer to your face. He moved his hand on top of your face, feeling your calm breath on his hand. It seemed like you were sleeping but he wasn't sure if he had just gotten excited over nothing so he didn't even dare to touch you. If... if he just took your hand and let go, he was afraid that something would happen again.

Then, suddenly, someone entered the room.

''Tetsurou-san. (l/n) (f/n)'s parents are here. Could you give them a quiet moment with their daughter, please?'' The doctor, who happened to be accountable of (f/n)'s case, said as he walked near the bed where you laid breathing softly. 

Kuroo only nodded and turned to look at your emotionless face, his expression changing to more pained one. They, your parents, must be blaming him for all this. They would at least be repentant for letting their dear daughter go with a man such as him. It wasn't like they didn't like him right from the start - speaking the truth, they were amazed how you managed to get yourself such a caring and loyal boyfriend. Kuroo was athletic, humorous and on top of that just so damn handsome - Prince charming, as your mother would say.