The Second Song: So It Begins

>> Harumi's POV <<

"My name is Harumi Fujioka. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." I politely introduced myself, bowing my head in respect before staring emotionlessly at my sister's friends and customers,' This is where my sister is being forced to volunteer? Even with Dad's warnings it's not what I expected.'  The tall, blonde one was the first to snap out of his stare, and he shot me a charming smile, offering me a crimson rose,' Forgive our rudeness Princess, but we were not expecting such an interesting maiden to grace us with our presence." "Were you expecting someone more like Onii-san?" I asked, taking the rose and tucking it between the skin of my right wrist and the leather bindings that I felt naked without. "No, you're just as amazing - no, much more amazing - than I would've thought." He coo'd, his violet eyes meeting my own as he took hold of my hand, pressing his lips against the back of it. I blinked once, and then twice, before looking to my 'brother'," ...This is Tamaki?" "That's right." She said before I looked back to him," Dad told me about you and your group. I'm not surprised that you were expecting me to be someone different; most people do at this point." He quickly became quiet as I strolled right past him, and spun around on my heel, taking in the abandoned Music Room's atmosphere," He did warn me that you would be making some big deal about me coming over, but I didn't think you'd be pulling out all the stops." Haruhi approached my side, but I never once looked at her; too busy looking at all of the shiny things," Is this too much for you, Harumi?" "Nah." I replied, looking to her with a tiny smile," Your friends seem cool." 

I sat down beside my sister when a cute boy approached me, holding a pink rabbit doll in one arm and offering me a slice of strawberry short cake with the other," Want some cake, Umi-chan?" "Umi-chan?" I repeated, taking the cake with a slight nod before setting it down on my lap," Huh... I get a nickname already?" "Do you not like it?" The boy asked, his golden eyes beginning to grow in size. Ah. Puppy dog eyes. I looked down to the cake, picking up the strawberry and plucking it between my lips. I smiled at it's taste before repeating the boy's nickname for me," Umi-chan... Nah. It's got a nice ring to it. Lemme guess..." I looked back to him, and took in his appearance. 'Cute looks, innocent, pink rabbit, sweet tooth...' I recalled Dad's descriptions before asking," You're... Honey-sempai, right?" "Yep! That's right!" He grinned, holding out the rabbit to me," And this is Usa-chan!" I took one of the rabbit's 'hands' between my fingertips, giving it two shakes," Nice to meet you, Usa-chan." The senior gave a childish grin, tugging his cousin - I think Dad called him 'Mori' - over to me, but I could tell that my sister's customers were staring at me with caution. I could hear all of their whispers. "That's Haruhi's sister? She's really not what I thought a sister of Haruhi would be..." "She's so weird; does she really think that that kind of look is okay here? Who does she think she is?!" "How come she gets to eat with Honey-sempai?! It's not fair!" "I get the feeling that being a musician isn't the only thing she was doing in Tokyo, if you catch my drift..." I sighed, leaning back in my seat with my arm pressed against Haruhi's, staring at all of the girls that flinched and tried to avoid my gaze. I could sense Haruhi looking at me as I took a bite out of the cake that was offered to me, and I saw her frown from the corner of her eye. I closed my own, taking another bite as I thought to myself,' ...What a bunch of morons.' 

"So what was Tokyo like?" One of the twins - Hikaru, I think - asked me from beside his brother. I shrugged," Crowded, but city life was fun. It was a go-go-go kind of pace, ya'know?" "Haruhi tells us you were a musician there." Kaoru said, looking down to my bags with a raised eyebrow," But I didn't think you'd carry all of your stuff here." "It's actually all I own." I said; I ignored their bewildered looks for the tea that was given to me," I just crashed a friend's place while I was living there." "You must be talking about Atsutomo." My sister said," He was a member of your band, right?" I nodded," He was the drummer/manager; he actually graduated from here so it's pretty cool to see the halls he walked in." "Oh yeah? He the owner of some hot shot company now?" Hikaru asked. Kyoya - the glasses character - chimed in," Atsutomo Nagamori was like Haruhi; a commoner with exceptional grades and promise." He looked at me with those cool eyes of his, pressing the bridge of his glasses with his fingertip," If I recall correctly, he's studying to become a lawyer, is he not?" "Bingo, bingo." I held up a finger, playfully waving it around," The band was mostly a way to relax. He's wicked cool; said he'd come and visit me when everything was calmed down in Tokyo." "Were your friends mad about you coming home Umi-chan?" Honey asked, his head tilted to the side; I saw that he had become so fascinated with my story that he had forgotten to take that forkful of chocolate cake to its demise. I scratched my chin with my army-green painted fingertip with a frown," ...Yeah." Just imagining how everything would've ended up caused me to look off to the side with a dull look; a habit of mine whenever I was stating the obvious, calling someone stupid, insulting someone, or imagining the consequences. "Knowing those two I would've come here with them hugging on my ankles, begging me to come back to Tokyo..." I muttered, leaving the men confused and my sister smiling. 

Tamaki asked," Are you going to be coming to Ouran with Haruhi? I think you'd really enjoy it here." "I don't have Onee-chan's smarts." I replied, resting my head on Haruhi's shoulder," Besides it's obvious that most of the girls here don't like me very much, and no offense but those dresses that the school makes them wear? Hi-de-ous!~" I looked up to my sister with a slight smirk," Bet you saw one of those dresses and dreaded wearing it so you cut your hair off with the gum being the perfect excuse!" "Harumi!" She scolded me, but I couldn't help but laugh, reaching up and ruffling her short hair," I always told you that you'd look better with short hair! Didn't think you'd end up gettin' roped into pretendin' to be a guy!" I shot the group a look of mischief,' ...Even if they didn't realize you were a girl in the first place." Mori looked at me before looking at Tamaki, who began to fidget; I think that was his way of ratting out the flamboyant 'King' of the Host Club. I smiled lightly," You really couldn't tell she was a girl? You just had to go and take a peek? You little pervert, you!~" Tamaki's face turned a bright red as he abruptly stood up, pointing at me accusingly," HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A PERVERT! I WAS MERELY GETTING HER A TOWEL!" "Yeah but admit it; you were hoping to get a peek of somethin- Wait. Are you... into guys?" I asked, almost innocently as everyone around me began to snicker.

"I AM NOT!"

"Then why else would you peek?"

"I WAS JUST GETTING HER A TOWEL-"

"Aw c'mon! You must've stood there for a few seconds after realizing she was a girl, right? So whaddya think? Pretty cute with more skin showing, right?"

"H-Harumi?! C-C'mon stop that!"

"Why, Onee-chan? I always said you were pretty cute; just needed to show off a bit and step out of the box more."

"B-But I did... Remember those dresses Dad got me?!"

"Way to step out and press right up against the box Onee-chan... Though seeing as how you're hanging out with a group of guys and a pervert you're doing pretty well!"

"GAAAAAAAAAAH! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE THIS?!"

"You turned into a pervert."

"I AM NOT A PERVERT!"

>> Kyoya's POV <<

Kyoya felt someone's chin hover over his right shoulder, but didn't look away from his work. "Whatcha doin'?" Harumi asked, her voice full of curiosity. With a slight twitch of his hand, he closed his laptop, looking up at her from over his shoulder," Just some work." "Wow, you really are like Atsu-san." She whistled, her hands behind her with her palms cupping her elbows," Quiet and all work and no play. I'm not sure how you do stuff like that when you're here." "Once you get used to everything that goes on around here, you sort of tune it out." He replied, resting his arm on the back of his chair. She looked off to the side, smiling lightly," ...Yeah, but it's good background music." Kyoya looked to observe whatever she was finding amusing. Hikaru and Kaoru had begun to torment Tamaki by calling him a closet pervert, while Tamaki was attempting to clear his name. Haruhi's face was a bright red and she attempted to hide her expression with her bangs as Honey innocently asked her what 'closet pervert' meant and Mori tried to distract him with cake. The smile she had grew," I bet it's nice." Kyoya looked back to her for a moment before turning back to his laptop, readying himself to return to work," You're welcome to come back tomorrow." "Huh?" He heard her murmur, her confused look clearly reflected on the black screen of his laptop. He pressed his fingertip against the bridge of his glasses once more," If this music strikes a cord in you, that is. We could use some other soundtracks around here. This one is getting old." He saw her cheeks tint pink before she nodded, leaning down and muttering into his ear, patting his shoulder," Better get ready for something unexpected then. You think those girls hate me now? Just wait; I'll get them so nervous they won't want to bug you again." He looked to her from the corner of his eye, noticing a scheming glint in her eye," Is that a challenge, Miss Fujioka?" "Onee-chan told me you were a bettin' man." She smirked faintly, and he shot her one in kind.

The game is on.