The Fifth Song: A New Face

Haruhi's POV

My sister's apartment wasn't as cluttered as I had expected it to be. In fact, it wasn't what I had expected at all. The walls were white, which was surprising; I thought she would've redecorated by now. Her kitchen was cute, being as small and tidy as it was. Her bed had been made, the burgundy comforter neatly tucked at the corners and her black pillows smoothed out. She had a large television in front of the couch and a few bean bags, and beneath the television was a few game consoles and a collection of movies and video games. Her instruments were all tucked away neatly in a corner next to her bed along with a few other boxes she probably didn't have time to unpack. I would've complimented Harumi on her apartment and lack of clutter, but seeing how angry she was before rendered me silent. She had made us tea and brought out some cookies before leaving us with Novella, her fingers pressing harshly on the numbers of her cellphone. No one wanted to bother her, and I was thankful for that. I had seen this side of Harumi before, and I wasn't expecting to see it again. I just hope that everything will turn out okay...

"It's very nice to meet you. My name is Novella, age fifteen." The number one fan of Howaito Noizu bowed her head in respect to her elders, smiling sweetly to us all. "It's nice to meet you Novella." I replied with a nod, but I didn't allow Tamaki or the others any time to explain what the Host Club was and what members do. I had to get down to the bottom of this. I spoke up," You said that Hiro told you that Atsutomo said that the band was getting back together, isn't that right?" Novella nodded, a fingertip painted cherry blossom pink dragging itself along the rim of her glass," Yeah, he called me two days ago saying that Atsutomo announced that the band was getting back together to the public and said that this was the rendevous point." "I don't recall Harumi getting such news." I explained to her," I would've known if Atsutomo had called her; he would've discussed this with her before making such an announcement." "Is it possible that Hiro just wants the band to get back together that badly?" Tamaki asked, and Novella nodded," Now that I've seen how Harumi reacted, I think so. Hiro's always been in love with the band, always putting it first before anything else. He was so heart broken when he heard that Harumi was leaving." "Wait, Umi-chan left first?" Honey asked. Novella nodded, raising her hand to play with her curls," Well, technically she left second.The first to leave was Harumi's predecessor." "There was another member of Howaito Noizu?" Kaoru asked, looking to his brother. Hikaru looked right back at him," I don't remember Harumi mentioning a fifth." "Well, duuuuh." Novella rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her tea before looking to me," If anything I would've thought she would've told Haruhi here. I mean, she did mention Ki-"

"STOP IT WITH THE BULLSHIT ATSUTOMO!"

Harumi's POV

"Harumi, please calm dow-"

"How could you allow Hiro to do something this stupid?!" I demanded into the phone in a growl," For god's sake Vella is here!" "What?! Novella is there?!" Atsutomo asked with surprise. "Like I'd lie about something like that!" I snapped," How the hell did she find me anyway?! Did Hiro tell her where I was?!" "Harumi, you need to calm down." Atsutomo spoke in a strict tone; I imagined him pressing his fingertips to the bridge of his nose and squeezing away an oncoming headache. Seething, I slowly relaxed myself enough to return my breathing to normal, and I leaned against the door that led me to my home. A minute passed before Atsutomo spoke," I got a hold of Yukina, and she says that Hiro is the one that sent out the message to Novella." "That idiot... What the hell is he thinking?!" I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "But it was Novella that contacted him first." The soon-to-be-lawyer said, catching my attention," She's visited your home town before, just last month actually. She contacted Hiro telling him that she found something important here." "Something important?" I repeated, and I could literally see him nodding his head," She said that was important, and that she needed Hiro to make up a believable excuse to get her here. She needed to talk to you. That's all Yukina knows though." I bit down onto my lip," ...What the hell could it be Atsu-san?" "You've got as much of a clue as I do, kiddo." Atsutomo muttered, whispering his nickname for me with a brotherly kind of affection; it caused me to smile softly," I'll keep digging around on this side though. Yukina's not exactly happy about what's going on, and she's headed to Hiro's right now." "Alright... I'll see what Novella's got to say." I muttered under my breath, and Atsutomo chuckled on the other line," ...I'll talk to you later, kiddo."