Chapter 2

Requiem's POV:

"Have a nice nap," Asher said as I walked away. I glanced back at him before he was out of sight. His curly white hair fell in his big doe eyes as he turned his attention to his things.

He's a cute little marshmallow. I'll give him that, I thought. But why did he have to touch me?

I went to my room and shut the door with my foot. I threw myself on my bed and covered my face with a pillow. I dropped the pillow beside me and brought my arm up to my face. I caught the scent of Asher on my sleeve and slowly inhaled. It was a sweet and delicious smell that made me want to taste him even more. No! I sat up and ripped of my jumper, throwing it across the room. Why in the world did he have to touch me?

I couldn't screw up this time. I didn't want to hurt him.

I stood up and paced around the room. I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep for a while so I eavesdropped on my new roommate. He moved around the space of his new quarters. Then he unzipped his luggage and began unpacking. Even though there was a wall between us, I could smell his sweet scent. It was intoxicating. It was all I could do not to tear through the wall and sink my teeth into him.

I went to the door and locked it so I would have something slowing me down if I snapped. I looked down at my shaking hands. This wasn't good.

*******************************

Asher's POV:

"Requiem? Are you okay in there?"

No reply. I knocked again, but there was still no reply. He did say that he was going back to sleep. I went back to my room and continued unpacking. I put my clothes away, shelved my books and movies, and put everything else in its place.

When I finally finished, I wandered through the apartment to get a feel of the place. The dorm seemed like it would cost too much for a school to afford but the school's appearance wasn't something to sneeze at either. My stomach rumbled and I remembered that I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday. I went to the small kitchen and looked around for something to eat. To my dismay, there was no food in the kitchen. Even the refrigerator was empty.

How does this guy survive?

I sighed and decided to go buy some food. I wrote a quick note down and left it on the counter. Then I grabbed my wallet and left the apartment. It took me an hour to get back with groceries. When I did get back, Requiem still hadn't come out of his room. I thought it was weird but I left him alone. I put the groceries away. It was slow and tiring.

After I finished, I decided to go ask Requiem what he might want to eat. I knocked on the door.

"Requiem? Are you in there?" I asked. When he didn't answer, I knocked a little louder and repeated myself. "Requiem, are you awake? Please answer me."

I tried to open the door again but it was still locked. I was starting to get worried. I went to my room and opened the small window. I poked my head out and looked in the direction of his room. Luckily, he did have a bedroom window. I hoisted myself up and climbed out on the ledge. I looked down at the six story drop and gasped. Realizing how foolish I was, I laughed nervously. Taking a deep breath, I started inching toward Requiem's bedroom window. I moved my gaze away from the long drop and tried to focus on getting to his window without falling to my death.

My foot slipped. I grabbed at the wall for dear life. When I finally regained my balance, I finished sliding to his window. I slowly leaned to the window and opened it carefully. I grabbed the sill and before I could get inside, Requiem was in the window, looking at me intently. I was so surprised that I lost my balance and fell.

I threw my arms out in panic. I thought I was dead until Requiem reached out and grabbed my wrist so fast that I couldn't react.

"What the hell were you doing?" he said, bracing himself in the window, and slowly pulling me up. He pulled me inside his room and let me fall to my knees on the floor.

"Y-Your door was locked and . . . I wanted to know what you wanted to eat . . . I was getting worried that something might have happened to you," I said, quietly. I lifted my gaze up to him, sheepishly. To my surprise, he actually started to laugh. It was musical and lighthearted. He pulled me to my feet and dusted me off. Now there was something different about him, as opposed to earlier. He seemed less touchy.

"You would go through all that trouble to see what I want for dinner? I'm flattered. Make whatever you want," he said, opening the door and leading me out of the room. He smiled such a brilliant smile that I felt like my insides were starting to melt.

"Wait, what were you doing that you didn't hear me knock?" I asked.

"I'm a heavy sleeper," he replied. "Sorry about that."

"Okay," I said. "I'll let you know when it's ready."

I went to the kitchen and started cooking.