Chapter 12: Serena's Pov

There was one tiny little itty bitty thing I forgot about 2nd period.

Miette was in this class. And she sat right next to me. Oh, the horror.

The backstabbing girl ended up being ten minutes late, her hair was frazzled and her lipstick was partially smeared. I felt my anger fuel. Oh, I soooo wonder what she's been up to. I thought irritatedly as she hurried over to sit by me.

"Sorry I'm late, Mr. Snake." She sputtered out.

I rolled my eyes as the teacher calmly forgave her. If it was anyone else, we probably would've had detention, but no, it was Miette we're taking about.

I whispered to her. "Where were you?"

Miette shook her head. "No where important. I just has some business to take care of." She answered as she fixed her makeup.

Hmmm, sure.

I turned my attention back to the teacher, trying hard to ignore my so-called best friend, who was texting obnoxiously on her phone.

Every time I tried to lean over to see who she was texting, but I'm pretty sure we all know who, she would move her phone and give me an irritated, "What?"

Finally I asked. "Who are you texting?"

"No one."

"No one? It's obviously someone if you won't tell your best friend. Really, who is it?" I said, almost at the point of yelling.

She sighed loudly and turned to face me. "Look, it's just...Nini."

I narrowed my eyes. "Nini? She doesn't text in class. She's too much of a goodie goodie."

"Well, it's Nini."

"Miette--"

She cut me off. "I mean, you do believe me, right? You are my best friend." The blue haired girl said, her voice rising with each word.

I shrunk slowly into my seat, suddenly intimidated. I blinked in shock. "What happened to you, Miette?" I asked after a couple of seconds had past.

But before she could answer, the bell rang, signaling the end of 2nd period.

Miette shot up from her seat and bolted out if the class, not before giving me a full on glare.

[][][]

Lunch came by quickly, my mind still on my encounter with Miette during second period. After fourth period, Ash had waited outside the class to walk me to the cafeteria.

Even though what we had was completely fake and always will be, it was still an undeniably cute gesture.

As we walked through the hallways, some people seemed to not care anymore, which was a good thing.

Some of the students were still shocked and gossiped as if their life depended on it, but hopefully Ash and I's 'relationship' will blow over soon.

The two of us waited in line to get our food, even though Ash had wanted to get us in the front by cutting in line using his powerful reputation.

He paid for my food and his before looking around for a table to sit at. "Wanna sit with me and my friends?" Ash asked as he held my hand with his free one.

I shrugged, balancing my food tray in one hand. "Sure, why not."

We walked towards the table that was across the cafeteria.

"SERENA YVONNE!"

Ash and I both stopped in our tracks and turned to see May and Dawn enter the cafeteria.

The room got quiet as everyone watched the brunette and the blue-haired girl make their way to us.

While Dawn looked angry and confused, May looked amused by the whole situation.

When the two girls reached us, Dawn tugged me closer, pulling my arm. "Why the hell am I hearing so much fuss about you CHEATING on Calem?!"

She looked at Ash beside me. "Why the hell are you with him?" Dawn said as she pointed an accusing finger at him. "Please don't tell me that you did cheat on Calem. And with this guy!"

I looked down at Ash and I's intertwined hands. "I did."

"Why?" She practically yelled.

Ash stepped up protectively, pulling me closer to him. "This isn't the place where we should talk about this." He said.

May nodded her head. "Yeah, let's go somewhere more private."

Dawn jabbed her finger in Ash's chest. "You can shut up. Right now, you are not in my good book."

He shrugged while I shook my head. "Let's go." I said tugging him along as I followed the girls out.

The whole way was full of awkward silence. The sounds of our feet padding on the floor was the only noise that was heard.

May unlocked the door to one of the empty classrooms and we all went inside. Dawn immediately went to business. "So what is really going on?"

I glanced at Ash. "Should we tell them." I murmured to him so the others couldn't hear.

He shook his head. "No way. They can't know." He said, though not whispering so the two girls heard.

May perked up. "Know what?" She asked as Dawn said the exact same thing.

Ash sighed. "Fine, but you need to swear you won't tell anyone."

I gave them a stern look. "Seriously, guys. No one can know this."

They both nodded their heads, eager to hear the juicy news.

"Well you see...I didn't actually cheat on Calem. He cheated on me first." I quickly added. "With Miette."

"WHAT?!" Both Dawn and May yelled, their mouths agape. "MIETTE?!"

[][][]