Chapter 2: Kate's Second Chance

Kate's POV
I didn't see it coming. I was just standing on the podium giving my speech to our Capitan at his funeral. Then the next minute I'm flying towards the ground and Caatle is hovering over my lifeless body, begging me to stay with him.

I then heard it. His confession. "Kate, I love you. I love you, Kate." I wanted to tell him it back. But no matter how badly I tried to speak, I couldn't. Then everything whet black. And Rick was the last thing on my mind.

I heard this beeping noise, but I didn't open my eye. I then noticed someone in   the shadows. I called out, "hello? Who's there?" I then heard a reply, "hello, Katherine." I thought who it could be. But I didn't know. It wouldn't be my mother because she wouldn't say my full name, unless I was naughty.

I was still trying to figure out who this person, until a reply came back. "Katherine, it's me, god." I lifted up my head in shock. "What? Why are you here? Wait, am in heaven or something?" God chucked. "No, Katherine, you're not in heaven. And you don't deserve going there. You are better alive with the people that love and care for you." "But why are you here?"

"I'm here to give you a second chance."

No one's POV
Kate was not expecting that. "A second chance? Why do I need a second chance?"

"So you can make the right decision."

Kate didn't understand. "Right decision?" What decision?"

"To confess your feelings to Richard." Replied God.

"What?" Kate whisper yelled.

"You love Richard, don't you?"

Kate started to think and without knowing it, she nodded her head 'yes'.

"I'm giving you a second chance, so you can tell Richard your feelings." Told God.

"But im still with Josh though."

"But do you love Richard more than him?" Asked God.

Kate didn't know. She like Josh, but thinking about it she doesn't have enough love for him. Her heart doesn't belong to him. It belongs to Rick. It was  always him.

When Kate didn't answer, God started talking. "Think about it, Katherine, Joshua was never there for you, whereas Richard was and for four years straight. Also those detectives of yours, Kevin and Javier, are right."

Kate's head shot up at the mention of her detective friends. "What about Kevin and Javi?" Kate asked.

"Well Javier is definitely right about that Richard could have left because he had enough research to write lots of books, but he didn't, did he?" Kate nodded. God continued, "-he stayed because he loves you. And watching you, I noticed that you love him too."

Kate just nodded, she didn't know what to say or do, so she did nothing.

"You know, Katherine, your mother would be proud of you. She is always mentioning how proud you make her. She has always been proud of you. She is busy at the moment with watching Richard, your father and the others who are waiting for you to wake up."

"What? My mom is proud of me? I always think I have disappointed her."

"Why do you you have disappointed her, Katherine?" Asked God.

"Because I didn't get justice for her." Kate started to cry.

"Oh Katherine, you mother doesn't what you to get justice for her, she wants you to live your life with the person you love the most and thats Richard." Explained God. Kate nodded in understanding.

"So shall I tell Castle how I feel, the minute I get up and out of the dream?" Wondered Kate.

"I think you should, Katherine. Your mother said there isn't a lot of time in the world. You have to use it when the perfect person walks pass you. You have been waiting for the perfect man to one into your life, Katherine, but what you don't see is that he is right there either in front of you, besides you or anywhere. But he is right there with you for the last three years." Explained God.

"Ok, I know what I need to do. I am going to tell Rick that I love him. He is my one and done and the love of my life. He needs to know how I feel about him. Thank you, God. Tell my mother I said thank you." Kate said, proudly. God nodded his head.

"God, can I have my second chance. Rick needs me and I need him." God nodded.

The next few seconds there was just bright light. Kate can hear the beeping noise again. She can also hear voices. "Look! Kate moved!" It sounded like the voice belonged to Lanie. She also hear another voice too. "Katie, if you can hear me, make some movement." It was her father's. Kate opened her eyes she blinked at the bright light a few times, but got use to it. Kate tried to speak, but only managed to mutter two words. "Where's Rick?"

So what ya think? Comment and vote! 😍😍
831 words