Charter 3: Kate's Confession

Lanie's POV
I noticed Kates hand moved. It was a small movement, but she still moved. "Look! Kate moved!" I was just happy to see my best friend movement, I practically yelled.

Jim walked to the bed. He grabbed Kate's hand, carefully. "Katie, if you can hear me, make some movement." Me, Ryan, Espo, Jim, Martha and Alexis tried not to crowd Kate. We saw her open her eyes. She was trying to get used to the light from the room. I can see she was trying to speak. When she did, it was a two word question. "Where's Rick?" None of us answered her. We didn't know how to answer it. Kate looked at her father. "Daddy?"

I have never heard Kate call her father 'daddy' before. She sounds like a young child, in need of her father's love and care.

The room was silence, until Jim started talking. "He's not here, Katie."

Kate looked down at her hands. "Can I talk to him please, daddy? I need to talk to him." Jim nodded. He got up and kissed his daughter's forehead and whet out the door.

Me and the others stay in the room.

Jim's POV
When I walked out the room, I took my phone out of my pocket and called Rick. I got Rick's number from Kate's phone. When I was round her house, a few months ago to just chat and drink and when she wasn't looking I took her phone and quickly put it in.

Anyway, I called Rick and on the third ring, he picked up.
"Castle, speaking."
"Hey, Rick, it's Jim."
"Oh, hey Jim. How may I help?"
"I was calling to let you know that Kate is awake."
"She is? Oh that's great. Tell her I said 'hi.'"
"Why not tell her yourself?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, come to the hospital and tell her 'hi'"
"She wouldn't what that."
"But she does. She told me that she wants to talk to you about something. When she first woke up, the first thing she said was 'Where's Rick?'. She wants you."
"Ok, I'm on my way. Be there in 10 minutes."
"Ok, Rick. See ya. Bye."
"Bye, Jim."
When they both hung up. Jim whet back into Kates room.

10 minutes later- Kate's POV
We were talking about random things, like what happened at the station yesterday. Its was a suspect and he wouldn't confess to this murder, even though the evidence points to him. There was a bet, that the suspect suggests, that he, Espo and Ryan would have a fight and is the suspect wins, the detectives would have to let him go free. But if the detectives win, the suspect will have to confess. Apparently the suspect thought he can win easily, but he was proven wrong. Ryan and Espo won and the Suspect confessed. He had a few injures, but nothing major. Just a scratch on the forehead and the arm. And a couple of bruises on his arms and legs.

We were laughing so much, that no body heard the door open. Then I heard a throat clean. Me and the others turned around to look at the door. It was a nurse and Rick.

Rick walked towards my bed. Everyone noted out the way.

When Rick got to the side of my bed. I asked the others, "can I talk to Rick alone please?" Everyone nodded and left. Rick turned towards me and I looked at him.

"You wanted to see me?" Rick asked, breaking the silence. I nodded. I didn't know where to begin. I decided to start from the beginning.

"I remembered. I heard you. I heard what you said to me, Rick."

Rick looked at me with wide eyes. "You heard? You heard me say that I love you?"

I nodded. "Yes. But I want to know one thing. Was it true? Did you mean it?"

Rick just stared at me. "Of course I meant it, Kate. I said this once and I'm going to say this again. I love you, Kate. I always have and I always will."

I felt my eyes fill with tears. "I love you too, Rick." I grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards me. His lips meet mine in a instance. It felt amazing. Our lips fit perfectly together, like a finished jigsaw puzzle.

When we broke apart, we breathed the oxygen back into our lungs again. I decided to tell him about my dream.

"Rick, I had this crazy dream." I started. Rick looked at me, encouraging me to carry on. " I met God-" Rick interrupted me. "Wait? You met God? Why did you meet God? Did you go to heaven and come back again?" I chuckled.

"No, I didn't go to heaven. I thought I did, but when I asked God, he said no. Anyway, I ask why he was here. And he said to give me another chance in life. He was also talking about my mother and how proud she is of me. God also said that my mother doesn't want me to get justice for her and that she wants me to live my life..... With you. God and my mother have been watching us and they have noticed that we are both in love with each other. So God came and told me that I should confess my feelings to you because I love you. "I sobbed. "Oh Rick, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are my everything. You are my one and done. The love of my life. And I love you so much." I sobbed even harder. Rick wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh, Kate. That was beautiful. You really can be an author when you want to be." Rick joked. I smiled.

"But, I love you too. And you're the best thing that has ever happened to me too. You may not be 'my one and done', but your 'my third and done' instead. And your my everything and the love of my life too. Always." Kate cried.

"I Love it when you're all Romantic and especially when it's too me." Rick chuckled. Kate laughed.

"And I love your laugh, is like music to my ears. Your smile makes me melt and your eyes.... I could drown in them. And your body is just... Wow. Breathtaking." Rick commented. Kate hugged him.

"Thank you." Kate said.

"For what?"

"Everything. Loving me. Complimenting me like no other guy has ever done. For making me realise what it front of me for the last 3 years and for being by my side for 3 years."

"Always, Kate. Always." Replied Rick.

Kate and Rick smiled at each other and talked. Untill Kate fell asleep. Rick kissed her forehead and whet home to sleep in bed. Before he left, he quickly wrote a note to Kate, in case she woke up and got worried. The note said:

Dear Kate,
I whet home to sleep in a comfortable bed. Sleeping in a chair would be to uncomfortable. I'll come back to see you in the morning. I didn't want you to worry when you woke up and I wasn't there. I love you.
Rick xx

So what ya think? Shall I continue with this story or shall I end it here? Comment to tell me what you think. And don't forget to vote!! ❤️❤️
1209 words