Christmas Bonus Chapter

"Jake what are you doing?!"  Rebecca stared in horror as Jake wobbled over to her with Divine in his arms.  Finally,  her senses came back to her and she rushed forward to lift the baby into her arms.  "How many times have I told you not to carry your sisters around especially  when  using the stairs?! You don't do that,  it's very risky!"  she said in her best scolding voice.

   "Baby wake up." he explained.

Rebecca sighed. "Next time pls call me instead, OK?"

   Jake nodded. "Sorry."

  She placed Divine in her cot. "Is Favour sleeping?"

He nodded and walked over to  where she had kept the Christmas decorations.

   She opened the four boxes filled with Christmas  decorations of all sorts. 

  "Mummy,  is daddy coming back this afnoon?" he stared at her waiting for her reply while pretended to be searching  for something  in one of the boxes. 

   The truth was that she didn't know if he was planning on coming this afternoon for they had barely spoken today.

   Sighing, she said." I'm not sure. We will just have to wait and see."

Jake frowned." Call him and ask him na." He pleaded.

   "No. Your dad is busy, we should not disturb him."

Jake shook his head. "But-"

  "Enough, Jake." She gritted out through clenched teeth giving him her stern look.

   Jake walked over to the couch and began sulking.

Rebecca sighed tiredly before going back to decorating the house. This was so not the way she had planned her first Christmas as a married woman to be.

   ****

Rebecca paced in the kitchen while the food cooked. She was repeating the lines she had been running through her head for the past minutes. Jaxon's dinner was still cooking and he was not yet home so she was using this as an opportunity to go over her apology.

   She did not want Jaxon to think she was being a horrible wife. Now that she thought about it , the reason for their argument was stupid.

   *flashback*

Jaxon walked out of the bedroom with Rebecca hot on his tail." I don't have time for this nonsense. " He stated as he walked down the stairs.

  "Oh you will have time. And you are going to explain to me the meaning of these pictures."

  Jaxon turned towards the kitchen. He was tired and still in his office suit. All he wanted to do was eat a delicious meal by his wife, take a shower and go to bed with his wife in his arms.

But no! The minute he comes home, the only thing he hears are screams.

  Jaxon whipped around to face her, taking a quick glance at the phone where he spotted several pictures of him and his business partner's daughter in various locations.

  "I've been at home all day because you thought it would be good for me to take a break but you are out there with another woman having all the fun in the world?! Is this the business deal you have been talking non stop about? Don't you have any conscience?! Don't you know that you have a family waiting for you?"

Jaxon glanced at her angry, but sad face. " she's just my business partner's daughter. " he tried to explain.

  She threw her hands in the air." Oh and it is supposed to make me feel better that you and her are probably always together?!"