Part 1

Rich parents drive the lives of my friends. Middle class and responsible drove mine. Laura’s parents have a summer house in California. Right smack dab in the middle of LA’s highlife full of D-list celebrities and twenty-something’s living off dead parents or those just wanting to separate themselves from the brats of tomorrow.

My mother hated how spoiled I was when with Laura and Brittney’s families. Vacations, parties, even the services of their daily life. Never once had I wished for what they have. The service and fancy things were nice but the awful relationships and respect my friends had for others was something I just couldn’t live without. These girls were my best friends though, the best friends a girl in her teens could really ever ask for. I’m not pretty like them though. Laura and Brittney were blonde and petit, I was brunette and overweight.

I was never judged or tormented for looking the way I did. I dressed for my size, never too girly or too tom boyish. I was considered “popular” in high school and happily received attention from boys as my friends who were like brothers. I was happy with it all, being helpful when needed and them wanting me around even though I never understood why. Maybe I was the part that kept them humble.

Laura and Brittney were the girls who always had boyfriends. I was the girl who always helped boys with their girlfriends. The friend who help my girlfriends with their boyfriends because I was better friends with their boyfriends then they were in their relationships. I honestly don’t care. I like to help. I just wished, for once, I didn’t have to deal or see others relationships and just have my own.