Arrival

As the six girls emerged from their compartment, they heard hoarse and scruffy voice shouting "Firs' years! Firs' urver her!" The girls walked along in awe of the elegant, but mysterious looking castle before them. "My brother's told me all about Hogwarts, but I didn't expect it to be so, so breathtaking......" Cedes said as her voice trailed off. The girls walked towards the voice, careful not to run into the sexist jerk in fear of Cedes accidentally killing him ("Avada Keda-" luckily they pulled her away.....). When they came to the source of the raspy voice, they were frightened at first, but he was quite nice. It was a big burly man with a large scruffy beard that practically engulfed his face in fur. "Firs' years! Firs' urver her!"he called again. He led all of the first years over to a small armada of rowboats. "Six ter a boat!"he shouted over the heads of the new students. The girls jumped in, they splashed water on each other as the rowed down the shallow, foggy, river. The water was so clear and fresh, you could see the fish dance in the current from a mile away. When the students finally reached a wooden and cobblestone bridge that connected the beautiful castle to the other side of the river. They walked inside of the grand castle, the musty, sweet smell of old books and parchment filled the air. Magi breathed in deeply. "Now this, I could get used to!" she said fondly. A tall old-ish woman stepped out in front of two huge oak doors with black painted iron handles and borders. The woman had her hair in a tight gray bun and a sleek black pointed hat with a large round brim rested atop her head. I do not want to anger her..... Thought Courtney. "Welcome first years to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. My name is Professor McGonagall, I will be your transfiguration teacher this year. Now, before we send you to the feast, you must be sorted into your houses. While you are here, your house will become your family. The houses are Griffindorr, Slitherine, Ravenclaw, and Huffelpuff."