Chapter Three

"What are you studying for, now? Didn't you just take a test?" Ron asks incredulously.

Hermione looks up, leaving her finger on the page.

"You know me," she shrugs, affably. "I just like to read— this isn't a textbook."

Ron settles beside her and drapes an arm around her shoulders. Alarmed by the touch, Hermione stiffens. Unwilling to be coddled, moreover, she bites the inside of her cheek uncomfortably. Harry seems to see the unease on Hermione's face, shooting Ron a look that says 'not right now, man.' Ron's eyebrows knit together but he does pull away.

Hermione stays tense for a moment until she can force herself to relax. She breathes in slow and then out silently. To shy away from Ron is unusual behavior, she thinks to herself. Malfoy really must be getting to her. Harry adjusts his glasses, eyeing Hermione carefully.

"Are you alright, Hermione?"

"Of course," Hermione responds too fast, forcing her normal gait across the front of her face.

She ducks her head to tuck her hair behind her ear, knowing that if Harry could see the guilt in her eyes he'd recognize it immediately. When she looks up, there's a smile plastered on her face and a question in her eyes.

"Why wouldn't I be fine? Aren't you two the ones who've been more than a little upset about the last test?"

"You don't gotta rub it in," Ron rubs the back of his neck uncomfortably. "I'm still trying to make Head Boy."

"You'll get there, Ron," Harry breaks in. "Let's go back to the common room, you and me, I heard they were going for a round of cards soon."

"Yeah, alright," Ron shrugs. "You coming, 'Mione?"

"I'll be up soon," Hermione smiles and amusedly hums a bit of laughter to herself, as an added convincing factor to prove that's she's alright. "One more chapter, I think, and I'll be satisfied."

"Yeah, yeah," Harry laughs. "Always one more with you."

Hermione can only nod and admit that's fair. Harry claps Ron on the back and leads him out of the library, casting one backward glance at Hermione in parting. Hermione smiles politely and waves them off. Seemingly the moment Harry and Ron have disappeared beyond sight and out of earshot, Draco emerges from the shadows.

"I thought they'd never leave," Draco sighs as he comes round to sit beside the quiet witch.

"I'm sorry that took so long," Hermione apologizes, turning to face Draco.

She closes the book with a placeholder and yawns, setting it aside. Draco is looking at her with his typical bright-eyed, content smirk. Hermione is, for once, relieved to see it... is she beginning to like his smirk? She sits up straighter and clears her throat softly, as if to rid herself of the thought, and addresses him.

"Okay, so we're here, Malfoy... now what?"

Without skipping a beat, he's kissing her as if he's done it a thousand times. Something in Hermione's chest immediately opens up and spills desire into every cavity in her body. A light groan escapes between captivated lips. Draco responds with his own moan of pleasure, gripping the inside of her thigh.

And then, all at once, they're standing up to kiss. Unwilling to harbor an inch of space between them, Hermione presses closely into him. Her hips rock up against Draco's longingly. Suddenly, she realizes, Draco is leading them towards the back of the library.

"What are you doing?" Hermione breathlessly pulls away.

"Taking you to the Restricted Section," Hermione can see that he blatantly doesn't care they aren't allowed there.

Hermione wants to argue, fearing what might happen if they're caught. But she remembers her resolve to listen to her heart once in a while because her heart really wants to follow Draco into the Restricted Section— or at least, she thinks it's her heart. Hermione doesn't consider it any longer, she returns into his embrace. With a flick of Draco's wrist, the chain in unlocked so they can enter.

Draco almost instantly has Hermione pinned against the nearest wall. He lifts her up and directs her to wrap her legs around his waist. Shakily, Hermione obeys, folding her arms to rest behind his head, as well. With one free hand he is unbuttoning his pants while with the other he holds her steady. Hermione can't stifle a gratified moan as his length grazes between her parted legs.

Draco leans in and whispers in her ear, "Are you a virgin, Hermione?"

Hermione strains to speak above the pleasure filling her chest.

"No," shame heats Hermione's cheeks as she says it. "Viktor Krum--"

"I figured, good," Draco doesn't want to hear anymore.

He brushes her panties aside with a surprising display of tenderness in his touch, thrusting into her slowly at first. Hermione gasps as his want fills every open inch she can offer. She releases a strangled moan as he pushes himself even deeper.

"Viktor wasn't very big then, was he?" Draco asks huskily, a note of satisfaction coloring his voice.

Hermione can only whimper a series of unintelligible moans as an agreement.

"Unh, Draco," Hermione's legs widen, inviting him deeper. "Oh," she whimpers as he pounds ever farther, faster now than he began.

"God, Hermione, I need you in bed," Draco gasps, pulling himself out of her and zipping up.

Hermione, feeling numb and empty without his presence, lands heavily in a daze on her feet. She gazes at Draco with wide eyes as he yanks her out of the restricted area, and then out of the library altogether, roughly by the arm.

"Where are we going?" Hermione stumbles to match his pace.

"The Slytherin common room," his voice is gravelly from heavy lust.

"There's no way I'll be allowed in there," Hermione whispers.

As if to reiterate her point, ominous footfalls sound from behind them.

"Don't you two look... guilty," Snape's more-than-a-little judgmental tone reverberates around the hall. "And where are you going, so close to curfew?"

"Up to our respective common rooms-- where else?" Draco challenges. "Hermione was just telling me about page 394 of--"

"I'm sure," Snape rolls his eyes, one eyebrow arching as he continues, "Run along, then-- both of you."

Neither move, until Snape clicks out of sight, black fabric billowing behind him angrily. Hermione turns to Draco, face still white from terror. He smirks and shrugs at her fearful reluctance when it comes to breaking the rules.

"Staying beneath their radar is easy. Seem that you're already exactly where you're meant to be, or on the right way," Draco advices her. "Most of the time, nobody thinks anything of it."

"Dutifully noted," Hermione's face slowly begins to regain some blood.

She exhales slowly as she convinces her body that they won't be caught and she needn't stay so anxious.

"You're jumpy," Draco observes, as if reading her mind. "Do you want this, Hermione? You can say no— I won't force you to do anything with me," his voice strains, silently praying she won't say no.

"Don't worry, Malfoy," Hermione shakes her head. "I want to."

"Me too," Draco says, mostly to himself.

He takes her by the hand, escorting her toward the dungeons. Hermione falters, realizing she's about to have sex with Draco Malfoy in the Slytherin common room. Her mind buzzes with comments and questions on this.

Don't forget to comment and vote!