Save Me - SamandrielxReader

You were in bed, sound asleep, when you heard the door being opened. You had locked it, so this seemed abnormal. You had a gun stowed away in the drawer of your side table, so you grabbed it. You had it loaded and ready because your father always told you to. You rarely heard from him since you lived with your mom.

She told you that he had a life that was hard to explain. Your mother said his job was gory and gruesome, so she didn’t like to talk about it. The only thing you knew is that he once saved her life and from that moment, they’d fallen in love.

She knew he wasn’t able to stay here, so she didn’t seem upset when he had to leave. She told you that he had other lives to save and she couldn’t be selfish. He did come home on some occasions though. When it was either of your birthdays, he tried to come home. He would sometimes make it home for Christmas too. You just hoped he was around for your graduation in four months.

You were a highschool senior and this meant a lot to you. You planned on waiting a year before going to college so that you could work and save up some money or maybe travel a bit. You always wanted to travel. You didn’t mean by plane either, but to just drive on the open road and see the sights America had to offer!

You walked past your mom’s room and you shared a silent glance. She saw you had your gun and understood you wanted her to stay put. She seemed worried to let you go alone, but she trusted you. You silently creeped down the steps in your yoga pants and t-shirt. You peered around the corner and looked around the living room. No one was there.

You made your way to the kitchen to see a man standing in the dark. You flipped the light switch on so you could make out his features better. He looked like an ordinary, but scraggly, college guy. That was until his eyes clouded to black. He started to step toward you, so you shot at his leg. You didn’t want to kill the man.. or whatever he was. You just didn’t want him to attack you. He kept walking, with a slight limp now. It was like the shot didn’t faze him.

All of a sudden, he stopped. It looked like he was trying to keep walking, but he couldn’t move. He was stuck in between the kitchen and the living room. You heard your mom come down the stairs. She had a flask of what you thought was.. holy water? She walked closer to the man. You grabbed her arm to stop her.

“(Y/N), trust me. I know what I’m doing. I’ll explain later.” your mother looked into your eyes and you could tell she wasn’t going to take no for an answer so you let go. She walked up and splashed some of the holy water on the man’s face. It sizzled and burned. You were still trying to sort out what was happening. This was DEFINITELY abnormal.

“You think I wouldn’t have a devil’s trap ready for when one of you came?” Your mom spat at the man. “(Y/N), watch him. I have to call your father. Don’t get near him, don’t listen to anything he says, and here take this too. I’ll be back.” Your mother went upstairs.

You looked down at the necklace she had just handed you. It was on a long black chain so you could put it over your head, and you did. It looked like a child-drawn sun with a star in the middle. Apparently the man noticed your confusion in analyzing the necklace and decided to chime in..

“You don’t know what’s going on, do you?” You looked up at him.

“No, not at all.” You blushed and gazed downward. “I’m not supposed to be talking to you, but can you maybe give me a hint?”

“I could. That’s doesn’t mean I will.” He smirked.

“Why not?” You questioned calmly.

“If you know what I am, you’d understand I’m not exactly the kindest you’ll meet.”

You were about to reply but he interrupted, “I will tell you. It’s pitiful that you have no idea what I am considering your father’s reputation with me and my family. He’s almost as bad as the other two, but let’s get back on topic. I am a demon.” His eyes clouded black again as proof.

You were processing what he had just said. “You’re a demon? I can maybe understand you being a monster of some sort, but a demon? Are you sure?”

“How would I not be sure??” He replied, seemingly amused.

“I don’t know. It seems a little far fetched, but hey I believe you. Can you tell me what this has to do with my dad?” You asked eagerly.

“Since you’re not running in terror I will. You’ve obviously got his sense of bravery, so you’re entitled to know.” he stated. “You’re father is a hunter. He hunts all things supernatural. My kind want him to come suffer in hell, no offense to you. This is between us and him.”

“Why are you here then?” You asked, curious.

“Well, we need to take you and/or your mother to lure him to us. He is quite the family man, in a weird way. He doesn’t see his family more than maybe three times a year, but he would give his own life for them.”

“That’s because family is the most important thing. Family comes first, no matter what.” You defended your father.

“It could be that. It could also be that he is John Winchester.”