Chapter 17.

17 — Jessalynn

Hungry.

I was hungry and that's why my face was in the freezer, trying to find a tub of ice cream. My eyes lit up when I spot it, I grab it and close the door to the freezer before grabbing a spoon and sitting my the breakfast bar.

After spending most of the night on the beach with Nathan, we'd made it back to the house around midnight. Emily and Vanessa had been a bit tipsy by then and they'd both been dragged to their bedrooms by their men. I hadn't been able to fall asleep for three reasons.

One: Seth was snoring. Loudly, mind you.

Two: It was fucking warm.

Three: I couldn't get Nathan out of my fucking mind!

So in the end I'd given up on sleep and decide I wanted ice cream.

"What'cha got there?" I look up from the tub and see Seth walking down, wearing only his boxer briefs. He shakes his head in amusement when I take a spoon full of cookie dough cream and shove it in my mouth.

"Hmm," He scratches his chin, his voice thick with sleep. "Jessalynn Cooper eating ice cream in the early hours can only mean one thing; Nathaniel issues."

I give him my fiercest glare when he snickers at my shock expression. "Shut it, Seth."

"Oh come on, Jessa babe." He comes and sits beside me, grabbing the spoon out of my hand and taking a big scoop of ice cream. "Tell me what's bothering you."

I stare at him. He stares back.

I raise and eyebrow. He does the same.

"I hate how well you know me." I shake my head at my best friend.

"You love me." He points down at the tub. "Even more than ice cream."

"Whatever." I chuckle when he takes another big scoop and shoves it in his mouth and looks at me. I sigh, "I'm confused."

"What about?" He smirks and I stare at him. "Ahhh, lover boy Nathan. What's he confusing you about?"

"Everything!" I groan and cup my cheeks. "Is it going too fast?" I look at him.

His eyes widen and he says, "Of course not. You both have had your up and downs, but you've both matured now and this," He points at me and in the air. "you and Nathan, is happening."

I smile at him, "Yeah." I murmur.

"Yeah." He plays with the spoon in his hand. "You know, he's very jealous that we're sharing a bed." Seth snickers.

I roll my eyes and chuckle at that, "Well, I don't care. Plus, he doesn't know that you're not interested in my lady parts."

"I wouldn't say that. I do love your tits, babe. The best ones I've ever seen." He winks and I throw my head back and laugh out loud. "Come on, let's go back to bed."

"Yeah okay. Just keep the snoring to a minimum, eh?"

He looks down at me in horror. "I do not snore. I...wheeze."

I pat his cheek. "Whatever you say, darlin'."

Seth and I are both awakened mid-noon by a sour looking Emily.

"What's up?" I ask groggily.

"Why did you guys let me drink so much." Emily groans and flops down in-between us. "I'm such a lightweight and I'm never drinking again."