Happy Birthday To Me

In the small town of Annex Oregon there are only 235 people. And I am one of those people. My two best friends, Tiffany, and Hailey are two of the only people out of the 234 that I enjoy. Or I did anyway. We go to Valley High school together, have been friends since we were all about 9 or 10. And all of our birthdays are in the month of May. Though today, this lovely grey skied day is my birthday. May 13. And of all days, Its Friday the 13th. So far the only bad thing that's happened so far this morning is my mother dropped my birthday cake, needless to say, she sent my dad out to buy me a new one. I should be downstairs chilling with my family but instead I'm standing here starring into my closet unsure of what to wear. We're not really doing anything special today, which is good. I Don't really like going out. I don't talk to many people so Tiff and Hails are coming over to stay the night. People look at us strange when they hear that we have slumber parties still as seniors in high school. But we don't really care, we're just that close.

I finally decide on a floral skirt with a black crop top. Its a little more showy then I normally go with, but what the hell. Staying home anyway. I walked down the stairs slowly, I heard voices coming from downstairs. Realizing who was downstairs I slid down the stairway railing jumping off, when I landed I held my hands on my hips looking at the both of them.

"What the hell took you so long?" I exclaimed.

"Alice! Watch your language in my house young lady!" my mother yelled at me as she gave me her stone hard stare.

"Sorry Mum." I looked over at Tiff and Hails as I giggled.

We walked out into the living room looking at the decorations my mother hung up. Pastel ribbons and balloons filled the room. I never do anything big for my birthday and I know my mom hates it. She goes all out for my birthday every year and its only Tiffany, Hailey and I that get to enjoy all the work she puts into it. Tiffany and Hailey sat down on the chase lounge as I went to go get us some drinks from the kitchen. When I came back I noticed that they quit talking.

"Talking about my birthday surprise? I want to know too!" I looked at both of them giving them my fake pout.

"We're taking you shopping!" Tiffany explained. Hailey cut in " And your getting anything and whatever you want! Our treat!"

I smiled at them, I really hate going to the mall. There's so many people there. But they are my friends and I do want a new outfit. "Alright then when are we leaving out for the mall?"

"Your mothers driving us whenever she's ready Aly. I'm so excited for this! We're going to pick out some clothes for you too!" Hailey looked like she was going to burst with happiness.

I grabbed my purse, and slipped on some heels as I heard my mom getting the car keys. Off to the mall we go.

In the car, I sat up front with mom, while Tiff and Hails sat in the back seat. All of us texting each other:

Tiff: Wht store do u want 2 go 2 1st

Me: Idrk :O

Hails: were going to all so it doesn't really matter now does it? xD

Me: I guess not...

Tiff .......(typing)

I expected a message to come through any minute but it just kept reading that she was still writing. Yet I heard their phones vibrating every 30 seconds or so... Like they were having a conversation without me. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Mom dropped us off at the front entrance of the mall, "Alright girls I will meet you right back here in two hours. Be good, don't talk to strangers."

"Mom, were 17, well I'm 18 I think we got it all under control. Thanks for driving us though. I love ya."

We took off walking with our arms behind each others backs as we walked in the entrance. Charlotte Rousse was the first store to our right so we went in there first. we spilt up gathering clothes we all liked and met back at the dressing rooms. I grabbed a Lace-up High-Low Blouse in a light pink shade with a few skirts and about 5 dresses. When I walked back to the dressing room, they had already choose items and were talking amongst themselves.

"About time Aly!"

"I know, but you know how I am Tiff."

"Alright lets get you into the dressing room. And remember! We get to see everything! Even the clothes we picked out for you!"

I closed the dressing room door as I told Hails I knew that I was going to show off all the outfits.

I showed them everything I picked out and the nodded their heads to the outfits they liked and shook their heads to the ones. After trying everything on that I picked out I started working on the ones they picked out. Noticing that most of them were very... revealing. I showed off a few outfits, then they handed me another one under the door. "Here's the last one! I cant wait to see it on you!" Tiffany exclaimed.

I tried it on, and stood in front of the mirror. I looked like a hooker. Standing barefoot in the plain white dressing room I starred at myself. The skirt was barely covering my ass, and the shirt was so tight, and so low cut that I thought my boobs were going to pop out. "Girls, I need a bigger size in both the shirt and the skirt. There's no way this is correct."

"Come out and show us!" they both replied.

"No way!"

"hey its the friendship code!"

I opened the door and was immediately blinded by the light on Hailey's phone as she snapped a quick photo of me.

" Hey! I didn't approve of that picture! I look like a cheap hooker delete it!" I yelled at her as I shut the door back. I rushed back into my clothes as she spoke to me. "Okay okay, ill delete it. I thought the outfit looked okay though! Sluttys the new style after all."

I walked back out in my own clothes and handed them the outfit that I liked, they chose a few other items and checked out. We walked in a few more stores trying on outfit after outfit till finally we only had fifteen minutes left. Hailey had told us she had one more store she wanted to go to so we started heading towards Spencers, her favorite store. Looking around a little bit I started to get nervous. This wasn't really my type of store. I followed Hails and Tiff around the store, they looked at the adult toy section as I nervously looked behind us at the hats and gifts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiffanys POV:

"Is she paying attention" I whispered to Hailey.

"No she's looking at the stupid over the hill gifts. Grab the biggest one!"

I grabbed the biggest dildo I could find, which happened to be black with silver rhinestones on the bottom of it. I shoved the dildo in Alice's purse quickly and silently. She didn't even notice. Hailey and I started grabbing other little things and putting them in our basket. We turned and noticed Alice and one of the workers talking, the worker looked suspicious. "Looks like our plan worked Hailey, she thinks she stole something."

"It's her own fault she looks so guilty." Hailey started mocking Alice " I cant be around people, I can't be in that store you love Hailey. How can you look at sex toys were still virgins. didn't you guys take the same pledge as me blah blah blah." I cracked up laughing as we checked out and left the store. Alice looking over at us, "Did you see that sales clerk question if I was stealing from there? I'm a virgin and I will stay a virgin. I think moms here. Lets go back home. Far away from that creepy store."

We got back into the car and drove back to Alice's house. Tonight is going to be the night that everything changes.