9

Later on that week, the host club announced the ball. The girls went crazy over it and the guys were indifferent unless they had someone they were planning on asking. Unfortunately, a large amount of them wanted to ask me. My week consisted of running and hiding from people because I couldn't stand turning them down, it was too awkward. I didn't have a date, but I didn't want one either. 

Currently, I was staying near my locker. Then, I heard someone call my name and I got anxious until I realized it was Kyoya. I made my way over to him and looked at him curiously. 

"Hey," I awkwardly said. "Do you need something?" 

He nodded before he started talking, "Yeah, it's about that favor you owe me. -"

There was another person calling my name from behind me, however, this one I didn't know. I got nervous, because this had been happening a lot recently. Apparently, hanging out with the host club makes you more appealing to people. Great. 

"Hi, do I know you?" I questioned. 

"No, my name is Isao." He seemed very nervous, which just confirmed my suspicions on what was about to happen. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me? " 

My mind was reeling for an excuse to use this time. "Uh, Isao, you seem like a really nice guy, but-" 

"Sorry, she can't." Kyoya interrupted and suddenly I was glad for his exsistance. 

"Oh, why?" The boy shyly asked. 

"She's going with me." Kyoya bluntly stated, causing me to blanch at him and Isao to walk away after nodding in acceptance. 

"I am?" I slowly began. 

"You are." He confirmed. 

"And when was this decided?" I demanded.

"Just today, Tamaki wouldn't shut up, so I told him I already had a date, and I figured since you already owed me a favor, you'd agree." He said, as if it was the most simple thing.

"Fine, I guess, but I'm saving your ass, so you better be happy." 

"Well, if you'd have said no, I could've demanded something much worse." This brought a frown to my face, but I only rolled my eyes. I got a text from Zafi. 

Zafi: Hey, meet me in the garden. 

I left Kyoya to himself and hurried to meet Zafi. She was alone in the garden and obviously had something on her mind. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Oh, nothing." She smiled, but I didn't buy it. I raised my eyebrow at her and she gave in. " Well, I'm just freaking out over nothing." 

I made a small 'hn' in reply. "Would it help if I told you something you'd get entertainment out of?" 

She nodded, but wasn't expecting what I was about to say. "Kyoya asked me to the dance." 

Her eyes grew wide, but she started laughing as if it was the funniest thing in the world. She stayed like that for the rest of lunch, randomly bursting into laughter at random moments.