Chapter 1

It was yet another snow day for the winter guardian. After the fight with the Boogeyman, the winter guardian spends his time with Jamie and his friends.

“Whoa! Watch out there!” the guardian said as the sledge that he and Jamie is riding was plummeting towards the fence, again. As expected, the vehicle hit the fence with such force that the nearby snow coated pine tree shook the snow off and landed squarely on them.

“That was awesome!” Jamie cheered as the both of them whisks the snow off their clothes.

Jack Frost, the winter guardian was about to say something when Jamie’s mother appeared and said that it’s time to go home.

Jack waved goodbye, he started walking with his right hand holding his crooked staff and his left inside the pocket of his blue hooded jacket with snow flake embroidery.

He sat on the lamp post three streets away from where he and Jamie parted. The cold wind whistled and ruffled his pale hair. He willed himself to let it take him where it wants to go. And it did.

The wind landed him on a frosted lake in the middle of nowhere. Great, he thought, a field trip in a forest. Thank you wind and he rolled his eyes in dismay.

He scanned his surroundings and a memory bothered him. The place looks like the same lake on where he fell. The same lake where he died and resurrected by the Man in the Moon, as a winter guardian. He wanted to know exactly where he is. He climbed the tallest tree he could find and on the horizon, he saw a castle.

He walked to the direction of the castle hoping it’ll answer his question on where on earth is he. He weaved through the cluster of trees and finally, he reached the town. He continued his way through his destination and he saw a sign that says “The Twins’ Bread! The best bread in Arendelle!”

“Arendelle” he said the name of the place under his breath. The town seems in a deep sleep. There are smoke coming out from the chimneys

After several minutes of wandering, he finally reached the castle.

“Wow” he said in awe. He had never seen a place like this before. The castle seems to be patterned like the Neuschwanstein castle. He looked at the moon. The light seems to point towards the Western part of the castle as if Manny tells him to go there. He flew to the place.

He saw a girl about 6 years of age sitting on the balcony with the same pale hair as he, gazing to Manny. The girl seems to be she’s sad, her misty eyes told him. She wanted to ask what bothers her but maybe the girl can’t see him nor believe in him.

Jack landed on the railings, and the girl touched it and frost was starting to form to the part where she landed her hand. He was about to give it a try whether the girl with the same icy powers as he can see him when she turned into his direction.

“Jack Frost!” the girl said

“You can see and hear me?” he asked

“Of course I do, I always ask Mama and Papa whether you and I are related but they said we don’t” the girl rested her hands on her lap

“Where did you get your powers?” Jack patted the nearest flower pot with his staff and turned it to an ice sculpture, “It was like mine”

“I don’t know. I was born with this curse” the girl conjured a snowball and crushed it with her hands.

“An extra-ordinary power like yours when not controlled will be a curse. When it was managed properly, it will be a blessing to you and to the people around you, Elsa”

“H-How did you know my name?”

“Your name is printed on your gloves” Jack smirked

“You naughty” Elsa grinned back

“There, you look cuter when you smile”

“For formality’s sake” Elsa stood up from her stool “I’m Princess Elsa of Arendelle”

Jack jumped from the railing and kneeled in front of Elsa.

“I’m Jack Frost, the winter guardian. It’s a pleasure to meet you Princess Elsa” He bowed his head to kiss her hand and stood up. Elsa’s eyes shined and she smiled to him once more. To Jack’s surprise, she blushed.

Elsa sat back to her stool and she stared to Manny. Jack conjured a snowball and it hit Elsa squarely on her head.

“Jack!” Elsa said and she threw a snowball to Jack.

They started throwing snowballs to each other until it’s the break of dawn. There was this incident when Jack hit Elsa’s forehead and she kneeled on the snow covered floor. He thought that he had hurt her so he approached her to see if she was okay. When he was near her, Elsa summoned a snowball and hit Jack perfectly on his cheeks. Warm laughter erupted through the cold air, fighting the blanket of sadness that filled the place.

“That was fun!” Elsa muttered happily

“It’s my job to make children happy” Jack said

“And you’re doing a good job of it” Elsa added

They heard a knock on the door.

“Elsa? Elsa?”

Elsa recognized that voice.

“Is that your sister?” Jack asked

“Yes and we’re not supposed to see each other” she answered

“Elsa?” Anna knocked once more “Do you want to build a snowman?”

Elsa wanted to tell her sister to go away and leave her alone but she can’t find her voice. It was Jack who answered “Go away, Anna” copying her voice perfectly.

“Thanks, Jack. I think I should eat” Elsa said sadly.

Jack just nodded.

“Jack”

“Yes?”

“Thanks for accompanying me. It was fun” Elsa forced a smile

Jack withdrew a necklace with a snowflake pendant made of ice and gave it to Elsa.

“Just say my name and I’ll be there when you need me” Jack promised.

“Promise?” Elsa said

“Always. I’ll always be with you. Okay?”

“Okay!” Elsa replied with a giggle.

**********************

I hope you enjoy the first part! I will only upload the next part if there's anyone who wants me to continue it :)