Understanding

"You... you killed her?"
"I told you, Morty! She attacked me. She attacked me and tried to murder me Morty! It was self defense!"

"So that's why you've been so quiet. You felt bad, and you should! Murderer!"

"Comon' Mo-*(Uuurrrrp!)*-rty! You weren't there.."

The pair continued to argue even after the sprinting skeleton grabbed them both and dragged them the rest of the way to Waterfall.

"UNDYNE! UNDYNE! ARE YOU HERE?!" But nobody came.

"ERM... SHE MUST HAVE GONE BACK TO HER HOUSE AFTER HER DATE WITH ALPHYS... QUICKLY HUMANS. COME WITH ME AND I SHALL GUIDE YOU THROUGH WATERFALL!"

"...Well I'm not the one who killed a person today. Mom killer. You're a mom killer!"
Morty yelled.

"Fuck you! You got to nap while I was almost burned alive! Don't try to lecture me on the morals of self defense."

"All you want is to sell your stupid egg so you can make money. You don't even care about anyone, that she's dead, y-y-you just care about yourself!"

"Yeah, I've never heard that one before. You know what, I don't even nee-"

"HUMANS, PLEASE! YOU DON'T HAVE TO ARGUE..."

"HEY!" SHUT THE HELL UP OUT THERE!"
They had arrived at an odd lab. Both Rick and Morty realized suddenly how hot it was.

"UNDYNE! YOU ARE HERE! I AM SO GLAD!"

"Yeah.. hey papyrus, who are those two?" She replied.

"HUMANS!"

"Oh. So what's wrong?"

"EVERYTHING!"
Undyne backed up and allowed the trio inside.
She was a dark-blue skinned monster with an eye patch over her left eye. She had a red ponytail swept to the side, and she was wearing casual clothing, taken from Papyrus's wardrobe after she had accidentally burned down her house.

"HUMANS! THIS IS UNDYNE, LEADER OF THE ROYAL GUARD! I MYSELF WISH TO BECOME A MEMBER, BUT FIRST, UNDYNE WHERE IS THE HUMAN AND ALPHYS?"

"Alphys went in after the brat a few moments ago. She seemed upset... and so do you. Are you okay?" Undyne asked genuinely. It was uncommon to see Papyrus anything other than annoyed or happy. This was border-lining scared.

"UM.. COULD YOU INSPECT THIS FOR ME, PLEASE?" He handed her the blue hoodie.

"Um, okay what's the deal with the fish, the hoodie, and this lab? I mean,
look at this gear! Morty! We could fix the portal gun and get out of here!"
Rick exclaimed.

"You go ahead and leave Rick. I don't care what you do..."

"Shut up, new humans. Papyrus, this.. this is San's hoodie. What happened to him?"

"WELL, A SMALL HUMAN THREW IT TOO ME AS A GIFT. HOWEVER I NOTICED THE GIFT WAS VERY DUSTY AND REDDER THAN USUAL. I AM CONFIDANT THAT THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT THOUGH!"

"Whoa hey let me see that!" Rick interrupted. He inspected the hoodie closely.
"Yep... this is blood."

"What do you mean blood? Monsters don't bleed. We aren't like humans.."
Undyne said.

"Yeah Rick... but I bet you already knew that, huh? Didn't you Rick?"
Morty accused.

"Okay well it's definitely blood. So either Sans killed a person or that guy is a weird sort of monster."

The room suddenly filled with the sound of guttural yelling, and what sounded like a small explosion.

Undyne had savagely punched through the wall in rage.

"Whoa hey what the fuck is wrong with you?" Rick cried.

"INDEED. THE WALL DID NOT ATTACK YOU, DID IT? IF IT DID YOU DEFEATED IT WITH ONE BLOW!"

"I knew I couldn't trust humans. Papyrus.. that human.. this cut..it hurt Sans. I think your brother is dead."

"UNDYNE? WH-WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?" He said nervously.

"I'm sorry Papyrus. I don't know how else to say it.. because of that human you saw, you won't see Sans again. And I'm going to make it pay."

Undyne stormed out of the lab, leaving the trio alone.

"Wait... a kid killed that cool skeleton guy we met?" Morty asked.

"It seems so, Morty. We need to get out of here, fast. I ain't fucking with any demon kids."

"SHE .. SHE MUST HAVE MEANT SOMETHING ELSE. I'M GOING TO FOLLOW HER. I WANT TO SEE SANS AGAIN..."
Papyrus left the room, leaving just Rick and Morty.

"Wow, that guy just doesn't get the hint, huh?"

Morty ignored his grandfather.

"Fine. Ignore me if you wa-*(UUuuuRp!)*-nt Morty, I'm going to see what else is in this lab."

He went through the open door that Undyne had been watching. Morty grudgingly followed after. It turned out to be an elevator, which they rode down in silence.

The lab got darker and much creepier, but they kept going through until they came across another room.

A child went inside the elevator towards the end.
It was too late to join in, but Rick grabbed the next elevator up.

As the steel doors slid open, Rick and Morty found themselves in a vastly different area. There was color, and light filtering in from above. The child was already rounding the next bend in the hall, so the two continued to give chase.

"Hey! Wait up!"
The child did not seem to hear Rick's call.

As they went on, an entire city sprawled out below. They were rather high up, heading towards a large castle.

The child entered the next room, and as the pursuing duo made it in, they finally were close enough to grab the child's attention.

"Hey kid!"
The child stopped in the middle of a massive, intricate hall. Pillars were raised on both sides, and stain glass windows filtered in light from the outside.

"So... are you by any chance Frisk?"
Curious, the child nodded. Even at this point it was impossible to tell if Frisk was a boy or a girl.

"So umm.. that goat woman said we should try to find you." Rick continued.

"Toriel!" The kid exclaimed happily.

Morty lowered his head. He already did not like where this was heading.

"Yeah um. She said to protect you. So here we are. So uhh, what's your story kid?"

"You didn't tell me Toriel said that R-R-R-...Rick..."

"Well you wouldn't listen anyways Morty. So Frisk? How did you end up down here?"

Comfortable knowing Toriel sent someone, and happy to see other humans regardless, Frisk sat with Rick and Morty in the hallowed judgement halls and began to tell their entire journey beginning with Flowey the flower.