Introduction

I gaze outside of the window, my arms propped up on the black leather sofa. The television is on behind me, idiotic laughs trilling out of the speakers. But my focus isn't on that. It was an incredibly windy day, the last of the autumn leaves flying past my eyes, a whole host of bright, vibrant oranges to deep, lush reds and eye catching yellows. I loved autumn, but not as much as winter. After all, I was born in winter.

"What do you find so fascinating out there?" a voice grumbles behind me. I turn to him, his auburn hair spiky and low cut. His blue eyes twinkle in the bright flickering of the television. He had his favourite clothes on, a shirt with a creeper face and a blue jeans. He turns to glance at me, eyebrow raised curiously. 

He looked exactly like Dad and was just as annoying.

"It's none of your business, Ryan." I snap. He had one of those voices that annoys the hell out of you. Mum says he took after Dad more than her, like a spitting image of him. I, myself, took after both of them, my hair a mix of Dad's auburn red and Mum's cocoa brown. Like a robin. Just like my name. 

"Someone's moody" he snickers, ducking when I throw a pillow at his head. 

Quart gods age twice as fast than normal, so where as I should be 9, I was actually 18. Ryan should be 7, but he's 14. But he stills acts like he's the boss of everyone and everything. Just like Dad. But I could always put him in his place. Just like Mum.

Mum walks in now, her long brown hair swinging loosely on her shoulders. "Hey kids, got something to tell you." she grins. Dad flies in behind her, his long black midnight cloak tails floating out behind him as he wraps his arm around her waist and nuzzles her neck softly. I had seen this before and I knew instantly. 

"I'm pregnant again" she smiles. Ryan cheers and I just roll my eyes. "Not again!" I groan, but I laugh and stand up. She pulls me in for a hug, and I nestle closer into her. "I'm going to go visit Liam and Mitch, want to come? Deamon will probably be there too." she smiles, letting me go. 

Deamon was a close friend of Mum and Dad, and had a ridiculous habit of calling me "chocolate strawberry" because of the colour of my hair. He was also one of my closest friends, even though he annoyed the hell out of me.

"Is it going to be a boy or a girl?" Ryan asks eagerly. "Hopefully a girl" I mutter, ignoring the evil look Ryan gives me. "Not sure yet. I hope it's another a girl." Mum winks at me, and I grin back. She was only a quart god like Ryan and I, and Dad was a demigod. This would cause people to think Dad, or Ridgedog as people called him, to be in control. But Mum, or Tia as she was known to her friends and Dad, was nearly always in charge. 

"So, we going to go visit everyone or what?" Dad asks, going to go fix his hair in the mirror. Ryan stands and copies him. Ryan was just as obsessed with his hair as Dad was, and copied him in nearly everything. "Sure!" I exclaim, following Mum out into the corridor. "C'mon Robin, we'll leave the boys to fix their hair," she huffs, and I laugh in reply, following her as she flies outside into the cool, refreshing autumn wind. 

Dad rockets after her quickly, wrapping his arms around her, Ryan in hot pursuit. Dad kisses her roughly in midair, and Ryan and I exchange disgusted looks. The two of them were always kissing. They couldn't go five minutes without it-it was like a drug to them. But we knew Dad had once been insane and very evil, and Mum had been his apprentice, and she'd ended up running away. But when she was away, he realized he loved her and changed. When he had, she came back. Then they fell hopelessly in love forever and ever. 

It was like a fairy tale to us, and we knew it backwards. I coughed awkwardly and they release each other, both red faced and grinning before they gesture for us to follow. We fly together, battling the autumn winds, until we visit the Team Crafted part of the island. They had a war a long time ago, but it was settled now.

We drift down onto a field full of flowers. Apparently this was where the big battle took place. Now, it was just a meeting place for Team Crafted and the Yogscast to meet. Sure enough, Liam, Mitch and Jerome come running out to meet us, greeting us cheerfully. 

Mitch and Liam were a couple, and were also partners, along with their best friend Jerome. Apparently, Dad actually died protecting them but then got risen from the dead by his enemy. It didn't make much sense to me, but they never mentioned who the enemy actually was and I didn't want to know. 

As Mum and Dad socialise, I'm aware of two firm hands clasping my shoulders. I know who it is even without turning round. "Hey Deamon" I grin, shrugging off his hands to turn to him. "Hey, Chocolate Strawberry." he replies, tilting his head, a twinkle in his eye. "My name is Robin" I huff, turning away. He laughs, his voice deep. His arms pull me in for a hug that I can't refuse, and I struggle weakly before sighing and giving in.

Mum seemed to think there was something going on between me and Deamon (Oh god, no way!). Even now, I could see her winking at me, and I pull a distressed face, staggering happily forward when he releases me. "You've got a very attractive daughter Ridge" Deamon's deep voice chuckles near my ear. My face flushes red and he laughs loudly. The redness of my face complete with the brown-red hair made me look exactly like my name,

How humiliating.

"Go away!" I say fiercely, going to hide behind dad, who glowers at Deamon. "Leave her alone." Ridge sighs, hugging me softly. I nestle into his coat, sticking my tongue out at the grinning, annoying demigod. "Aw, cmon, I was just playing around!" he laughs. Mitch catches my eye and he mouths "He totally likes you." I pull a face, and he laughs quietly, wrapping his arm round Liam's waist, who blushes red.

"Such a daddy's girl" Ryan says smugly. I turn to him, annoyed. But before I can say anything, Dad picks me up into his arms, holding me to his chest like I was a baby again. "My little baby Robin" he coos, laughing as I squirm away. I squirm harder when Deamon's face looms above me. "You're annoying." I tell him matter-of-factly. "I know." he grins, and I manage to pull away from Dad.

"Mum" I whine, going to hide behind her. She laughs, pulling me from behind her and pushing me forward. "Go talk to them, that's why we came here!" she grins, reaching over to push Ryan over to them as well. He rolls his eyes and sulkily struts over to them. What a teenager.

Mitch had been teaching him pvp as his new apprentice. I, myself, was supposedly going to be Deamon' apprentice in his spare time. Which I wasn't going to like. At all.

He swaggers over to me, ruffling my hair up and I curse, pushing him away. I squeak when he tackles me violently to the ground, batting him away furiously. Thankfully, strong arms pull me away, and I grin at Liam as he winks at me. He was also my best friend, even though I didn't see him much. 

After a while, we make our excuses and leave. As soon as we are out of earshot, Ridge and Tia exchange knowing glances, come up on either side of me, nudge me with their elbow and go "OOOOH!" "Oh give over, he already has a girlfriend." I huff. "Hey, you never know!" Mum laughs. Sighing, I fly on ahead, ignoring their laughing behind me.

I loved my family.

 Note: SORRY FOR THE SHORT INTRO, DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT :D So...I skipped a lot of time...sorry, but I really want to get straight into the story! Hope you like the intro, and I know I said I would have a break but I couldn't wait to get started! And I also just wanted to add in a few details about quart gods. Just in case you don't know, everyone stops ageing at 25, and of course quart gods age twice as fast :D