Chapter 4: Kidnapped

Note: This took way too long, sorry guys! Been a bit busy. Might post another one tommorow, might not if i'm busy, but I will definitely post one at the weekend! :D Anywho, hope you enjoy! CAPS LOCK IS OUR LORD

Mitch's POV

My eyes flicker open. My head was throbbing hard. I'd had worse, but it still hurt. Stirring, I shifted. Memories clouded my thoughts, remembering that someone knocked me out. Jerome...

Focusing on the room around me, I try and move, but to no avail. Looking down, I realize my mouth is gagged and my hands and legs are tied up in chains. I try and shout but my voice is muffled. "Mmf!" There's the sound of footsteps and I brace myself as Jerome comes up the stairs. "Oh, you're finally awake" Jerome smiles. I glare at him, struggling through my restraints. "Look, just listen to me before you get angry" he sighs, sitting down too close beside me. I stiffen, leaning away from him. His hand reaches up to stroke my forehead and I cringe. 

"You've been spending too much time with Liam." he continues, sliding his arms round my neck and I grimace. The feel of his paws on my skin made me shudder in displeasure. He untied the gag and I spit it out furiously. "So you thought instead of talking about it to me, you'd knock me out and kidnap me?" I snarl, wriggling free from his furry paws. "You would of just got angry with me" he countered, chucking the gag aside. "And you thought I wouldn't angrier at this?" I snap. He sighs again, getting to his feet. "You don't understand. You never will." Slowly he turns to face me and look me dead in the eye.

"I've loved you for a long time. A very long time. Every day I would think about you. You are the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing at night. Everyday, when I look into your eyes, I see a world that promises me happiness and love. But it's not my world to have. It's his. That's not how it's supposed to be, Mitch! We've been partners for so long, and then I risked my life to save you, and then you go and betray me whilst I'm brain damaged to sneak around and sleep with your apprentice who you've barely known compared to me, and then you ask him to marry you? And where am I in all this? I'm your best friend, and I could deal with the fact that you don't love me like that. Like I want you to love me. But the fact is you rejected me. So here you are now and here you will stay until you realize it's me you love!"

He storms out, leaving me shocked at his speech. He loved me? But he was my best friend! I didn't want him like that...

Shutting my eyes in frustration that there was nothing I could do, my head dips forward and a tear drips onto my jeans.

 Liam's POV

It had been two days since Mitch had gone missing. All I can remember is screaming after I read the note and running around in circles in the forest until Sky found me. I then passed out and woke up sobbing. "It's OK" he hushed me as I cried. I should be up and about, running around trying to find him. But everyone in Team Crafted was searching for them. 

"What is he going to do to him, Sky?" I whisper after hours of crying. Sky opens his mouth to reply but shuts it, looking increasingly disturbed. "It will all be ok. You know he won't hurt him, at least" he says finally, and I nod doubtfully. "But still..." I whisper, shuddering at the thought of Jerome pawing at him. "We're going to get married soon" I whisper, shutting my eyes. A small smile appears on my face as I think of him waiting at the front as I walk down the aisle. My smile turns into a sad frown as I remember that Jerome has put a stop to my happiness.

Getting up suddenly, I sprint down the stairs, grabbing my sword and run out of the door. I couldn't let him take my Mitch away from me. Not now, not ever. 

Bumping into Husky, I manage to catch my balance. "No sign" he grunts, continuing to search. I nod, sprinting into the horizon. Leaping up onto a hill, I call out Deamon's name, hope blooming in my heart.