3-You make me smile-3

Mabel's POV.

April 30 mon.

I get to work and I have about 16 customers come so it wasn't bad. Prom in this town is coming up though so soon there should be a ton of people. I get lunch at Dairy Cow Cafe I get a tofu burger and a sundae and eat at work.

Then Grinda comes in during my lunch break with the puppies. There so cute the mother was a weiner dog and the puppies were adorable. Grinda asked if I wanted one.

"I'm getting Waddles this weekend do you think there going to be ready to leave there mom by then?"
"There about 7 weeks old so in a week I'll call you when the puppies are ready?"
"That'd be great thanks for bringing them in."

We chat for bit while the puppies got lunch. I tell her about my new friend.
Grinda sounds happy and a little stressed probably from the choas of puppies.
"So have you told her?"
"Told her what!" I know where this is going.
"Mabel I've know you since we were 12. Don't think I haven't recognized that smile and the way you talk about her."
"But I'm not gay." I think.
"Have me and Candy really found out before you. I don't believe it the Mabel I know and love is smarter than that. Is it because you truly haven't realized or is it your scared of this new feeling?" She was right I have been pushing back some thoughts.
"I guess I've been nervous and embrassed and a little scared. But what if she doesn't feel the same way."
"You say that about everyone first of all. Second you told me she has a gay brother so she is obviously okay with it and third it's like dating guy, but you can get closer because your the same gender plus there will be no accidentally pregnancys."
"Fine I'll tell that I love her." I mumbled the last bit.
"What. What did you just say." She said poking me.
"I'll tell her that love her gosh." She glances at the clock behind the counter.
"I have to get going sorry I have to get to the office for a little tabby cat named Greg."
"Okay hope it goes well."
"Yeah." She starts getting the puppies and there mom in their kennel thing.
"So we havent seen eachother in awhile maybe we could hangout on Sunday. You'll be the second to see Waddles."
"That sounds great I'll make sure not to plan anything. Bye."
"Bye." Then I wait out the last 2 hours of work then I might tell Grace how I feel.

After work I enjoy a nice relaxing book on my bed because my couch is filled with boxes. Mostly trying to avoid the package until Waddles comes home so it won't be as hard. Then all plans change as Grace slides onto my phone screen.

A smile immediately appears on my face and I swipe to answer it.
"Hey" I set down my book and put it on speaker.
"Hi I was just curious if we could cash in the part 2 of our cheese date."
"Already I must have made a good inpression."
"You could say that. Tonight work."
"I'm gonna actually have to go home tonight though."
"That's fine we can always have another one."
"Sounds great do I need to pick anything up."
"No I have everything here. I'll text you my address."
"Okay bye." I end the call and almost sqeul all I can think about is Grace and a little about waddles.

I pull on a pair of overalls with a a galaxy shirt underneath. I read the address Grace sent and type it into my GPS. I jam out to the music on the radio until I arrive at Grace's home. It was a 2 story house with lots of windows and plants on the window sills of almost ever window. I go up and knock on the door and wait for her to open it. Her face with that big smile makes my heart flutter I just want to kiss her now.

"Hey Mabel, Glad you didn't get lost."
"Yeah, but I am very hungry are the grilled cheeses almost ready?"
"Yeah." She welcomed me in. Her house was a nice variety purples for the walls and hard wood. One of her cats comes to greet me.