Chapter 5- Party

Chapter 5- Party

School is over, parents are working late, Nick is sleeping over at a friend’s house, and Asher won his game 23- 6; everything is going along perfectly. Perfect for me to go out and enjoy the party. I wanted to be stunning for this party. I wanted everyone to turn their heads to me and gawk on my every step. I deserved to be shallow for one night, right? People are going to be shocked seeing Kimberly Taylor, dressed up, walking and mingling at a high school party.

I left my bathroom to put on my dress at the last minute. Shower done, make up still going, hair still in curlers, thirty minutes left. I was putting on the rest of my mascara and eyeliner when the doorbell rang and the front door clicked open.

Of course Asher would let himself in, I thought, giggling to myself.

"Kimmy!" Asher boomed, running up the stairs. I heard his feet stomping up the stairs and his presence entering my room. "You ready?" he breathed heavily.

"Almost done. You’re looking snazzy," I commented, eyeing him up and down. He was wearing a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and khaki pants. I guess that's what guys wear to parties. Why do guys have to be so simple in life when girl actually have to try?

"Thanks. I would say the same to you but you’re in a robe and slippers...so," he smirked, balancing his hands out like it was a decision he was going to have to make later.

I laughed, “I know, I know." Giggling, I took the curlers out of my hair, and cleaned up my makeup mess, clearing off the counter and putting things back where they belonged. I went to my closet changing into my dress that hung perfectly in plain view showing off its beauty.

“So you’re still going to wear that thing, huh?” Asher mutters, sitting on the corner of my bed as he waited.

“Of course, I bought it for tonight.” I remind him as I slip it on. I look in the mirror, holding some pins between my lips as I pin all my curly hair on one side, slipping on a pair of black heels. I can look stylish went I want. I’m not all jeans and sweatpants all the time. I looked at myself in the mirror one more time, spinning around 360. My shaded pink lips stretched into a wide smile. Stunning and shinning like the North Star! If I do say so myself.

I grab the matching black clutch that held my phone, driver’s license, money and house keys, and walk out of the closet. I look over at Asher sitting on the edge of my bed staring at me with his mouth hung open. I’m totally satisfied now; if I can get that look from my best friend, imagine the looks I would get from everyone else!

I hope Spencer will be there! Then he would surely be able to see how pretty I really am for him and fall in love with me! Maybe this will be the night that we'll finally be together! If not, damn I’m screwed. But I wouldn’t be there for nothing; I was planning on having fun. I’m planning on trying to have a good time and enjoy myself.

"You look- Damn- No I meant...um Nice. You look nice, Kimmy," he stuttered, clearing his throat.

"Thanks,” I reply with a genuine smile, “Ready to go?" I said taking him out of his thoughts and leaving my room.