Chapter 26- Athazagoraphobia

Kim's POV

Stopping at my locker at the end of the day I stuff my books away with Asher hovering over me like a guard working for the President of the United States. We had a long talk about what happened at lunch. It was crossing the line, swooping in there and starting problems. At first, of course, he didn't see it as a big deal, but soon later when I started ignoring him and pointing out what he did wrong he eventually saw what the "big deal" was.

"You know the championship game is this Friday, right?" He states, for the fifteenth time today, talking about football.

"Yeah I know. That's all you've been talking about since physics." I utter, staring into my locker. I need to clean all this shit out. I thought to myself looking at all the loose leaf paper and garbage.

"Well I have practice today, just for a couple of hours, but I was thinking maybe we could study or something after." He suggests, shrugging his shoulders.

"If you're up for it." I agree, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'll call you." He says, waving his hand. I raise my hand as a gesture of goodbye as he walks off. I walk away from my locker, throwing my papers in the nearby recycling bin. Going back and forth a couple of times I waited for Spencer to arrive. He's usually here by now; I wonder what's keeping him.

Digging through my locker I heard a faint call of my name behind me, "Kim!" Spencer shouts from down the hall, waving his hand in the hair to get my attention. Next to him Maddi walked on his right, holding some new books in her hands. "Sorry I kept you waiting. I was just showing Maddi where her locker was." He excuses, pointing to Maddi.

That didn't explain why she still had a bunch of books in her hands, "Then of course the combination the office gave me didn't work, but it's whatever I'll get some help in the morning." Maddi continued with a shrug of her shoulders.

I nod my head, turning back to my locker and grabbing the things I need to bring home. "And Maddi has something to ask you." Spencer mutters, nudging Maddi with his elbow and a nod for encouragement.

"I mean it was just an idea. Spencer's idea mostly- just a suggestion." Maddi rambles, waving her hands in the hair as she spoke.

"Uh huh." I mumble, looking at Spencer from the corner of my eye as I shrug on my jacket.

"Well you see the clothes Maddi's wearing? She can't survive a winter here wearing just that." Spencer argues, pointing to Maddi up and down.

"Yeah I know." I say, looking at him with a more than obvious look.

"So, why don't you two go to the mall? You know, girl stuff." Spencer suggests, closing my locker door for me as we turn away. Like... bond?

I look up at him with a you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me look. I didn't want to say it out loud but my answer screamed no in my head, "You don't have to of course. I thought it would be cool, you know to get to know you. Make friends. Plus, I don't know where the mall is, and you probably know the best stores with the greatest deals."

Not really. Katie is the more of an expert shopper than I. If anything, Spencer should have asked Katie, she's at the mall almost every weekend. "So what do you say, Kim? Shop 'til you drop?" Spencer instigates, grabbing my hand and smiling hopefully to me.

"I don't know. I've got a lot of homework to do, and an essays due. I have my AP session coming up-"

"You can take a break for yourself, that's allowed." Spencer chuckles, opening the door to the outside for me. I clench my jacket closer to my body with the unexpected cold chill. I looked over to Maddi and saw her shrugging on a guy's sweater. One that I swear belongs to Spencer.