Chapter One

Gerard P.O.V

Sighing, I welcomed the cold water as it covered my face. It stung my eyes, forcing me to wake. After inhaling some of the water, I coughed, almost throwing up from the sheer force of it against my windpipe. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my body down. It was in a sorry state as it was. My eyes were bloodshot, they were tired from my on and off insomnia- but, I had classes to energetically teach. Biology, the study of living organisms. Sitting in the class of 2008 at the same school, I could've told you for sure that I wouldn't be looking back on my time there. Especially teaching Biology.

However, university had rekindled my love for it, and I loved to teach young people about something that I truly was passionate about.

Adjusting my red tie in the mirror, I swept my longish black hair from my face. To be fair on myself, despite how tired I looked, I still looked incredibly good. That thought cheered me up; I watched my reflection smile with me. Chuckling, I picked up my coat and my laptop. The collar of my coat stuck up, but I didn't really care about it.

Wind hit me in the face as soon as I stepped through the door. I struggled with closing it, fighting with the wind just to go to work. It was probably telling me to stay at home and sleep- to recover from a serious alcohol binge the night before. However, money was more important to me so I chose the latter, subtly sticking my middle finger up at the pathetic weather. I tossed my laptop onto the back seat of my battered car, throwing myself in the driver's seat. I sighed, shoving my phone into the cupholder, throwing my old car into reverse. That old car was probably the only good thing that came from my family. Luckily my grandad had had an ounce of sense in him, leaving me just enough money to buy a house, and his old Chevy. It's green doors always cheered me up, reminding me of when he used to take me to the beach to give me some fresh air. That man had some sense in taking me out of that house.

As I neared the school, the roads were traffic-free. The perks of never sleeping made it easy to leave the house at seven a.m. I always made sure to get there two hours earlier to get a parking space, and to perfect my lesson plans. Most of them involved dissections of some organ of some sort- and I always wanted to make sure that my techniques were as perfect as ever. The janitors probably thought that I was some sort of sociopath, spending extra hours slicing up animal hearts, lungs, kidneys- you name it. They would simply smile as I passed by them, probably not wanting to let onto me through fear of me using them in a practical demonstration.

I used my elbow to open the door, breathing in the lemon-scented air. In less than a few hours the entire place would smell dingy, sweaty and generally disgusting. I wandered to the staff room, grabbing a coffee, juggling it and the rest of my things on my journey to my lab. Using my elbow to switch the lights on, I smiled as my room remained clean and tidy. I hated mess, but I definitely didn't have OCD. I opened all of the windows, letting the wind roam around the old room. Sitting down at my desk, I rested my feet on the wood. Hands behind my head, I stared forward. It was going to be a long day, but I would do anything to distract myself from my miserable life.
~>•<~

Time went by much faster than I had expected, I had sat at my desk for the two hours that I was meant to be doing something useful. I don't even think that I was thinking about anything, I was probably sleeping. Which was good, because it meant that nobody would pick up on it later. I sighed, lowering my legs from my desk. I had to look somewhat professional as the students started to file in like flocks of sheep. I wrote the date on the board behind me in my usual scrawl, then proceeded to write 'The Heart' underneath it, not forgetting to underline it. Laughter echoed in the halls, already getting on my nerves. It reminded me of when I used to attend the school, except I was bullied for a good year and a half for looking poor in my old clothes. Being smaller than my younger brother, I seemed to end up with his clothes. That was until I got a job, and managed to buy my own clothes- then people seemed to like me.

There was a quiet knock at the door, a timid-looking girl stood outside. I gestured for her to come in. Her cheeks were wet, her hair messy, her left hand clutching a pile of ripped papers. She had been crying, and school hadn't even begun yet.

"What's wrong Emma?" I asked, standing up in my chair. She burst into tears, I hated it when the weaker students were bullied. It reminded me of myself, and I wouldn't wish that ordeal on anybody. Her limp arm held up a green notepad, which was where most of the pages in her hands had been torn from; her biology notebook. I frowned, apologising to her for something that I didn't even do. "I'm sorry Emma, I know that you were really proud of that. Do you know who did it?" I asked, trying to look her in the eyes. She looked up at me, completely distraught. She wiped her eyes with shaking hands, her mouth opening slightly.

"Frank Iero. And his friends. They corner me every morning. I should've known better- I should've kept it in my bag." She sobbed, continually wiping her mousey eyes. Of course it was him. The little jackass that made my last lesson on a Monday the best of the week. I always wanted to throw a brick at the little fucker. But, I would keep my cool, and calmly ignore him for the rest of the lesson. Nothing would get through to him, and his poor parents didn't know what to do with him either.

"Well, leave your notebook with me. I'll see what I can do. I'll also have a talk with Mr Iero, we both know that he's stubborn, and he cares for nobody but him and himself. Don't cry." I smiled, watching her lips curl into a reluctant smile. She thanked me, scurrying away from the room. I sighed, looking down at the detailed pages in my hands. The only thing that I thought of that could fix the situation was tape- and lots of it.

The other thing that I thought of that would also fix the situation, was throwing stools at Frank Iero's smug little face.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Rebel Rebel by David Bowie

A.N
Brand new story! I hope everybody is prepared for smut smut and more smut!!
Don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out <3