Chapter 7 -In Which I Time-Travel 3 Years

**************3 years later****************

*Ace’s(a.k.a Alexis’s) POV*

I yawned and rolled over. I loved this bed. It was one of my favourite possessions in the world. No matter how ridiculous it sounded. But the mattress was perfectly worn in and the sheets and quilt were soft and warm and red. The colour of blood. 

I didn’t get a lot of chances to sleep in the bed, not since I had begun travelling round. But whenever I came home my bed it was the first thing I headed too. I would snuggled in under the doona and almost relax. Almost. Because now I knew that if I relaxed, even in my home, bad things could happen.

I peeled open my tired eyes and glared at the pile of blood-stained clothes which had been my outfit last night. One of the buggers had gotten to close and I had to slash, even if my clothes ended up a soggy bloody mess. It was my favourite shirt too. 

 I had been tracking a pack of Hunter’s for a couple of weeks and last night was the ultimate show-down. I had actually planned to follow them for a couple more days. They had been hunting themselves a certain pack of rogues that I would have liked to get my hands on. But then Case had gotten far too hungry and had given up any self-control.

That was Case for you, she is a complete hot-head, with the hair burning red to match. Her old pack was attacked by hunters when she was only a little kid and she’s made it her life goal to track every hunter down and…in her words “hunt them like they hunted us and pulverise them.”

Cass liked to hunt with her claws, in wolf form. It matched her roughness. I think out of the three of us Mike was the calmest. He fought best with technology, not weapons. Mike was the fastest hacker and most computeristic nerd out there. Both Cass and I had found him on the run from the government’s top agents.

It turns out he had hacked into the head’s personal files. When we asked him why Mike just shrugged and said “Because I got bored.” Yeah, Mike may be 18 but most of the time he is a complete child.

 It had taken awhile for me to really become comfortable round him. Even if I was the one who insisted on his joining us. A person touching me was a sickening feeling still and everyone had learned not to divulge in any unnecessary contact. Now Mike spends most of his time either on his computer tracking down possible targets or hacking into the Hunter’s units rather than reading government officials emails.

The hunter’s had been camping out in an old warehouse and luckily for Cass and I he was able to hack in and set off the water-system while I was trying to get some of the original plan going. In the end I gave up and started hacking. I liked swords and knives and sharp metal objects.

Their smoothness and cold reminded me of myself and I always had my favourite right by my side…and maybe a few choice others hidden in places across my body. But Rachel was my favourite. And yes, I named my favourite knife Rachel. I figured it fit. Sarah had given her to me after I first discovered my love for the weapons. 

Rachel was smooth and silver with a red and silver steel hilt and blood-like veins running up to the sharpest silver point. The veins came from the enchantment used on the knife to give me some certain advantages. It cut through any spell like butter and even though it was a silver knife (because silver is a were’s weakness), she would never burn me.

I’d had her for almost two years now, she’s almost like the sister I never had. Oops, don’t tell Cass that. She might get jealous. When Sarah had brought me to the Nightblood pack house I was instantly initiated. They said it was because of Sarah’s ability to sense strong emotions and wolfs-in-need.

She would go missing for days on end and then come back with a complete werestranger and insist on them becoming with the pack. The Alpha went through with it, not only because Sarah was his mate – I cringed at the word-  but because the wolves she found had always been so lost, he pitied them.