Chapter Two

Even hours foreward, Jonathan was still making the same faces. Only when someone would talk to him, he stopped. It was amusing, but also fucking annoying to Tyler, because everytime he would try to start a conversation, Jonathan just ignored him.

And with the thought, he pulled out his phone and checked the time.

9:03 pm.

Nogla, Brian, and Arlan were playing a racing game on the flatscreen television, the others just watching them, calling along and betting on who would wins. Anthony was asleep next to them, his annoying snoring overruling all the yelling.

One final glance around and then Tyler grabbed his cup, walking to the kitchen. The brick walls turned to white tiles as  he got there, and the obnoxious lighting from the Christmas tree was only dim in the tiled room. The wooden cabnits were all decorated with dumb doodles they all did. Even the drawers had fake snow split on the.

"This is the gayest shit ever," Tyler humoursly mumbled, sitting down at the centered marble table.

Evan didn't seem to be the kind of guy to go all out with decorations, but here Tyler was, surrounded by a thousand creepy snowman and penguins all staring into his soul.

He shuddered under the gaze and pulled out his phone again, tapping open a random gaming app. With a sigh, he eased into playing it, sinking lower into the wooden bar stool.

The only sounds were the distant cheers and hum of the fridge. It was nice, and finally Tyler could hear himself think.

...Or at least until a singing and dancing reindeer went off inside the room, singing carols in a kid's voice.

Looking back up, he saw a guilty Delirious turning around the motion-activated toy so it looked to the wall. He met Tyler's eyes and instantly stiffened, quicking his pace around the table and to the fridge.

He pulled out a bag of chocolate and coffee beans before walking over to the coffee pot. "...Hi."

"Make me one, too." Tyler tugged up his red 'Ho Ho Hoe' mug and started up his game again.

Slowly, Jonathan took it from him, not muttering another word.

Too soon, silent minutes paced between them. On the seventh minute, Tyler looked over to him.

Jonathan was leaning on the marble counter in a red knit sweater, completed with a reindeer with an unamused expression sticking his middle fingers up. His shaved hair did nothing to hide his nervous blue eyes that avoided Tyler, and he fiddled with his small gauges. He most likely could feel Tyler's gaze.

Finally the pot dinged behind him, and Tyler only continued to watch Jonathan's back as he poured the coffee into both mugs - Jonathan's being the one to have elf feet on it, reading 'Small, but large where it matters'.

He put Tyler's full cup down onto the counter top and Tyler grabbed it after, giving a tip in thanks.

Jonathan nodded lightly before leaning back onto the countertop, unwrapping a Hershey Kiss and plopping it into his coffee.

"Oh, can I have a Kiss?" Tyler asked distantly, opening his app once more.

Jonathan's face heated over the question.

"It's cool if not," he continued, referring to the chocolate. "I wouldn't share either, but - - OW!"

A Hershey Kiss was pelted to his forehead before it fell guiltily to the table.

"Jonathan, what the - -"

Jonathan snorted loudly, cutting off Tyler's outburst. He quickly hid his smile, giggling into his red sleeve.

Tyler simply glared and picked up the wrapped chocolate. "Glad this is funny to you." He tore off the silver wrap before dropping the chocolate into his coffee. "Fucking douche..."

Jonathan stopped laughing after a long moment and sipped his own drink, the smile still on his pale face.

Tyler shook his head and leaned back again, huffing out an annoyed sigh.

He was going to strangle this guy.

.:.

About an hour passed between them, and both of them had finally left the kitchen; Tyler coming back out to the leather sofa and Jonathan near the fat Christmas tree.

But, once again, Jonathan kept distant and made those damn faces.

"You guys notice it, too, right?"

"Notice what?" Luke asked, giving him a glance up from the new shooting game.

"Delirious," he spat out quietly. "He's distant, ignoring me - only me - and making faces."

"Really?" Marcel scrunched his face, thinking. "Oh, yeah. It's because he - -"

Nogla elbowed him harshly ( much to Marcel's annoyance ) before giving Tyler a warm smile. "I'm sure it's nothing. Maybe he's sick," he reassured in a kind voice.

"Yeah," Brian snickered. "I'm sure it's nothing."

Everyone laughed quietly around him, whispering under their breaths.

"What?" Tyler growled, knowing he's missing out on something.

"Nothing," Evan said sharply, cutting off the laughter. He stood and grabbed his beer, glaring over the boys. "I'll go talk to him."

As soon as he wandered off, Tyler turned to the rest of the boys, his glare threatening. "Fucking spill it."

"Don't know what you're talking about," Craig sung, flipping the game off.

"You all fucking do. So why can't I?"

"Lui," Brock said, turning to the said male. "Do you want to go record a game?"

"Totally."

Tyler lifted his arms in confusion as the two walked off, muttering to each other. "Are you kidding me?"

Nogla finally inhaled. "It's not ours to say."

"What does that even mean?!"

"Just let it go, Tyler," Luke warned. "Trust us on this."

Though he didn't want to, Tyler shut his mouth, knowing no one would say anything to him. Even so, he kept his deadly glare on them.