Chapter Three ( Final )

Of course. Of course it was just Tyler that Jonathan was ignoring. With anyone else, he was smiling, laughing and talking.

Oh, yeah.

Tyler was pissed.

He couldn't do one thing without hearing Jonathan laugh behind him. He just seemed he could laugh so easily when anyone other than Tyler was talking to him.

Tyler bit the inside of his cheek and checked the time again.

10:49 pm.

Yeah. He was done.

"Hey. Where are you going?" Marcel asked as Tyler stood.

"To sleep," he grumbled back. "Night."

The whole house went into a heavy silence as he walked down the hallway to his room. When his door shut, each of the boys looked to Jonathan.

"Sooo," Nogla said, awkwardly. "I'm thinking we might have to tell him."

"No!" Jonathan shouted back. "Bad idea. I don't. . ."

"Jon." Evan sighed out and leaned back against the wall next to him. "I think Nogla's right."

"But..."

"Tyler's near the point of never talking to you again," Craig added, his voice soft and low.

Jonathan's face scrunches as he thinks, his eyes watering. "He probably wouldn't talk to me after I do tell him."

"Okay, that's it."

Jonathan lifted his weary blue eyes to Luke.

"This is not the fucking Jonathan I know," he continued, crossing his arms. "This is some weak little bitch afraid to make things better for himself. What do you expect, Delirious? For things to fucking change magically?"

""Well, I - -"

"I want my friend back; Not this little weakling. What are you so afraid of?"

Jonathan whiped his tears, but it only did little as they continued to fall. With trembling lips, he spoke weakly. "I don't want to lose a friend..."

"How would you know what's going to happen if you don't even say a fucking word about it to him?" Luke sighed, looking over his friend before trying again, taking a softer approach. "You don't want to lose him, right?" When Jonathan nodded, he continued. "If you keep giving him the cold shoulder, he's going to leave all by himself. You have to do something; Not wait for it to piece together. If he hates you for it, then that's his own problem. He would lose himself a great damn friend." His voice broke in the last sentence and he was struggling to blink back the tears in his eyes.

Damn this kid.

Jonathan turned away from the bearded man, not having the strength to watch him cry.

"Jon... Jon, look at me."

Jonathan slowly trailed his eyes back up to Luke, wincing as he saw his wet cheeks.

"You can this, Jon."

.:.

He really couldn't sleep, and it was annoying the hell out of him. Everything seems liked it just wanted to annoy Tyler.

He tore off his blankets before standing. He picked up his phone from the table before putting it his back pocket and leaving the room.

Instantly, he was greeted by the blinding Christmas lights. Groaning once more, he continued his way down the carpeted hallway. Once he reached the living room, soft carols hummed in his ears. As he got closer, he recognized the carol and saw Jonathan leaning on a small window sill, watching the soft snowfall that reflected in his blue eyes. The flickering lights around the window continuously changed their colours, each contrasting against his pale skin. A candy cane layed lazily in his mouth and every now and then, Jonathan shifted it with his tongue.

Tyler took in a breath after a thoughtful moment, quietly walking over to him.

Jonathan tensed a bit once he saw Tyler's reflection beside him.

They shared a silence, Tyler also watching the light snowfall from outside.

"It's, uh..." Jonathan's croggy voice came over the carols. "A pretty sight."

"Yeah..." Tyler agreed. "But I'm pretty sure Canada's seen enough of it."

Jonathan chuckled before shifting his weight and looking over to Tyler. "Sorry about being an ass tonight... I had a few things on my mind."

"Kind of got that when you chucked chocolate at me."

Jonathan slapped Tyler's arm, laughing. "It wasn't that bad. And I didn't even mean to." Finally, he straightened his stand and turned to Tyler, smiling. He leaned foreward and lightly scanned his hand over Tyler's face, his eyes scanning for something.

Tyler felt his cheeks flush and he was so glad the room was dim. He shifted and looked down into Jonathan's eyes.

"See," Jonathan said, pulling back. "No bruise."

Tyler smirked before letting out a breathy laugh. He shifted and leaned down. "I'm surprised. You've got a pretty good throw."

Jonathan's face lit up as his blue eyes widened. Their eyes caught the other's easily and another moment passed between them. The small Christmas lights helped reveal Jonathan's blush and Tyler couldn't pull himself away.

Well, it's not like he wanted to pull away. 

Tyler let his eyelids fall as he leaned closer to Jonathan, his thoughts fading away.

Jonathan didn't let himself move, but instead waited as Tyler leaned closer and closer until he was simply an inch away from his lips.

"Well," Tyler said quietly, his warm breath glossing over Jonathan's lips. "You're not stopping me."

Jonathan's face ignited further and he had to stammer for some sort of reply. "W-well, th-that's because - -"

The candy cane fell from his lips and Tyler didn't waste another second.

He pressed his lips to Jonathan's, his eyes closing against the minty taste.

Jonathan only stilled, his eyes scanning over the large room in case anyone else was there with them. They landed on the decorated tree for a second before he finally gave in to Tyler, his eyes closing.

Tyler's lips were warm and soft, despite Jonathan's own belief that they would be chapped. He tasted faintly like the chocolate coffee from earlier and before he could taste more, Tyler pulled away.

A comfortable silence fastened its way between them, Jonathan's shy blue eyes glancing at anything other than Tyler. He looked to his socks and then to the white carpeted floor, reminding himself of his fallen candy cane. "You fucking bitch."

Tyler snickered as Jonathan picked up the now fuzzy candy cane. "Still gonna eat that?"

Jonathan shot him a playful glare. "No. Thank you very much."

Tyler chuckled and again, the room faded to silence, both males shifting in the carol's lyrics.

"So, uh..."

Jonathan looked up from the candy and to Tyler.

"Want to cuddle by the fireplace or some gay shit like that?"

Jonathan laughed loudly. "Evan doesn't have a fire place." He smiled warmly when Tyler's face flushed in embarrassment and moved closer to the taller boy. "But I could stand to cuddle."