The Grand Canyon

My 2 hours that made a complete 6 of me driving were up and I pulled into a motel parking lot. I woke Boston up and let him get completely awake before switching seats and continuing the drive. He took my phone off of the aux cord and plugged his in. He started playing his music which was very soothing and I fell asleep to it.

I woke up about 4 hours later with the sun in my face. I turned away from the window and looked at Boston. He looked wide awake. I sat up, wiped my eyes, and put my hair up into a bun. He looked over and said good morning to which I just smiled. I then checked my phone to see if I missed any texts or calls. I just saw a text from Taya asking if I could text her. I replied with a good morning text and then set my phone down. I asked Boston where we were and he said while he was driving he saw a sign that said we were welcome into the great state of Arizona. I nodded. We were close. I picked my phone back up and searched for a place we could stop. I found a gas station not far from where we were, so I asked Boston if we could stop there to get a few things and go to the bathroom.

Around 45 minutes later we took an exit to get to the gas station. Boston and I went inside and while I was in the bathroom he stood outside the door to make sure nothing happened like last time. I mean I wasn't harmed or anything, but if it were someone different with different intentions then I could have been. He was just looking after me is all. I did the same for him while he went into the bathroom. We have each other's backs. We grabbed water and some donuts. We paid for the things and some gas to keep the tank filled. We went back to the car and I started to fill the tank and gave Boston some time to just sit and enjoy his gas station donut.

When I got back in the car Boston was on his phone looking at something. I asked what he was looking at and he said,"Do you think you would want to go and see the Grand Canyon?" I smiled and said," Well, of course. Let's do it!" He let out a very loud yeah and we found ourselves laughing. Our excitement about seeing the Grand Canyon was a little over the top, but I think it wasn't just the Grand Canyon, it was the fact we were actually gone and out of the small town. We were actually on a road trip doing as we please. All of it was hitting us. After our burst of excitement Boston put the car in drive and we headed toward the Grand Canyon.

Two hours later we switched places and I continued the drive. It was about 4 o'clock when Boston and I started to see the canyons. He looked up a way to get to them. I followed what the woman on his phone was saying and it wasn't long that we finally were looking over the canyons. We parked and got out of the car. I went around to go and get my camera out of the back seat. We looked over them and the scene was unreal. It was beautiful. I took pictures and found some other tourists and asked if they could get a picture of me and Boston in front of the canyon. It was very touristy thing for me to do, but how do you go on a trip with your best friend and not get any pictures of it? I thanked the person and they asked if we were staying to see the sunset. I replied with a yes and looked at Boston.

We pulled out a blanket from the back seat and we laid it out in front of my car. We sat there and waited and then we saw it. All of the colors of blue, purple, pink, yellow combining and melting together. The canyons added to it. The orange, browns, and reds seemed to mix as well and they became even more grand. It was all just a series of colors and I wanted to capture it in a picture, but I knew it wouldn't do it any justice. After a while Boston and I got up and got back into the car. We talked a while and then decided that we could find a cheap, but good place to stay to rest. We were both tired.

We found a place to stay. We got one room that had two beds and that was enough for me. We brought the things we needed and locked the car. We went inside and took turns taking our showers. I ordered in pizza for us and found a movie we could watch. We sat around and rested until we fell asleep.