Chapter 15

Amara's POV

Kai put the last wood stump up and laid her body that was wrapped in a sheet between the stakes.  He sprinkled some salt on her and then some gasoline.

"Do you want to", he asked me and held a pack of matches in his hand

I nodded and slowly grabbed them

"Bye Char", I said starting to cry

I stroke the match on the paper and lit the other ones still in the pack and I tossed it on her.  Her body engulfed in the flames. 

"You wanna go", he asked

"Can we just stay here for a little bit", I asked

"Sure", he said giving a small smile

I just stood there, watching the flames.  The flames started to die down and after awhile I we left.  I went to our bedroom with Kai keeping his distance as he followed me. 

I went in the bathroom and shut and locked the door.  I turned the shower on and turned it all the way to the hot setting.  I took off my clothes and stepped in the shower. I just sat on the floor and stared at the way holding my legs against my chest and I just sat there.  After awhile I started sobbing silently.  I only knew her for not even a day and I was crying over her death.  I rested my head on my knees and stared at the water going towards the drain. After awhile, I stopped crying and I fell asleep.

"Amara", I heard Kai ask, his voice waking me up

I realize I'm still under the burning hot water that I have gotten used to being in here for over 2 hours I realize.  I slowly get up and turn the water off. I grabbed the towel that was on the hook next to the shower and dry myself off and wrapping it around my small body, covering the scars my brother gave me. I look in the mirror and wipe some of the fog off the mirror and gasp at the person standing in front of me.

Her skin was red, although you could she the tear stains running down her cheeks.

I sighed and left the room to see Kai standing next to the door. I walked right past him and I walked into the closet and shutting the door.  I changed into some sweats and a black shirt and came out. Kai was in the middle of the room staring at me.  I look at him and he looks at me. I walk past him and go under the covers in the bed.  Looking at the clock, it was a little after midnight.  We had a funeral for her late so she was proper. He, already in his sleepwear which, consisted of sweatpants and no shirt, came under the covers next to me.  I turned away from him and faced the wall.

"Amara, don't shut me out. Turn towards me", Kai said

I stayed still

"Don't make me sing", he threatened

It didn't make me laugh this time.  I didn't want to hear him sing, so I turned towards him but diverted my eyes to the sheets.

"Amara, look at me", he said getting mad

I looked at him and his face softened. He pulled me close to him and he wrapped his right arm around me.

I couldn't take it anymore, I started crying again.

"Let it out, I'll hold you", he whispered kissing my head

After awhile he pulled back and looked at my face. He propped himself up on his left arm. 

He frowned and wiped my tears from my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

" It's been a long day without you my friend. And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

We've come a long way from where we began. Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

When I see you again", he sang

I started laughing and he grinned.

"Do you feel better", he asked

I slowly nodded

"Good", he nodded

"I love you", I muttered as I drift to sleep.

"I love you too Amara", he whispered and kissed my cheek

I soon, sleep came upon me.