Ukulele

🔹Nicos POV🔹
I turned to see Mr.Sunshine Solace running up to me with a grin growing ear to ear and his hands behind his back.
Wait he was hiding something. "Hi Neeks!" Will exclaimed, his voice high and perky. "Hey Will" I answered.

"I got you a present!" Will said, "Really? You really don't need to give me anything Will..." I said. The last and only time I got a present was on my 14th Birthday when my dad gave me an undead chauffeur... But I don't talk about it much.

Will slowly took his hands from behind his back, in one hand holding a dark brown ukulele, and his other hand empty. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to why this blonde haired maniac bought me a ukulele. "It's a ukulele!" Will explained, "I see, but why did you get me an ukulele?", I wasn't trying to sound ungrateful but I was extremely confused.

Will laughed softly, "Because remember we was talking about musical instruments and we both agreed that ukulele sounds beautiful. And it's also easy to learn." "Really?" I asked, "I honestly don't know, I don't know how to play the ukulele. So that's why I bought it for you so you can learn." I face-palmed myself and took the ukulele from Will and walked back to my cabin. Sitting on my coffin shaped bed- which totally wasn't my choice over.

I folded my legs into crisscross and pulled the small instrument over my thighs. I plucked at each string, listening closely at the different sounds it made, and messing with the tuning, until I could make a familiar tune. I did this everyday for the next few weeks, I could only play a couple Twenty One Pilots songs, and an Elvis song.

*time skip, 1 month*

Will and I sat on my new normal bed.
It was our 4 month anniversary, I thought it was unnecessary, but Will insisted we needed to celebrate.

For about an hour me and Will talked about pretty much anything and everything. We didn't do anything really special other than go on a walk to strawberry fields which got interrupted by someone "accidentally" throwing a volleyball at my face, but what the hell are you supposed to do on an 4 month anniversary? An awkward silence settled across the cabin when Will realized that I wasn't listening to him rant about different brands of plasters.

So after a second or two I pulled out my ukulele and began strumming and singing...
"Wise men say 'only fools rush in' But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you?"
I close my eyes only focusing on the strumming of the ukulele, forgetting the Will was there.
"Like a river flows,
Surely to the sea,
Darling so it goes,
Some things are meant to be,
So take my hand,
Take my whole life too,
If I can't help falling in love with you?"

I open my eyes and look up at Will, his cheeks a bright shade of red and his mouth hanging open, causing my face to warm up. "That was really beautiful Nico" Will said, slightly tilting his head. "Um, thanks" I mumble.