15 // "If You Weren't In My Body, I Would Beat The S*** Out Of You"

15.

Nathan realises that is entire life he has never grasped what dire and uncomfortable consequences can arise from his actions. Unfortunately for him, pressing the sent button was done impulsively, in a fit of dark contempt and bitterness, namely his frustration at being stuck in Blessing's body no matter how good it was. He had hit a low point last night after a fitful sleep in a stranger's room, with strange friends and an apparent strange family texting him how he is. That's when he got up and unlocked the phone screen. At least now he'd done it and the thought wouldn't be toying on his mind any longer.

Unfortunately for him he did in the mind set of Nathan, forgetting that he was sending pictures of Blessing and he was in that body. The whole day they were whispers, stares and the occasional wolf whistle but Nathan realises Blessing his privy to all this regardless. It might have nothing to do with the pictures at all but he's not too sure.

A sense of paranoia has begun growing in the bones and he's not too sure what to do about it. He's used to adulating stares and admiration but there seems to be a sense of underlying danger with the attention Blessing receives, especially with that group of boys loitering around campus and eager to make him uncomfortable. Regardless, he had dear Lana to talk to who would always put his mind at ease.

Even this morning she warned him about the photos that have been leaked and began slagging of Nathan which ironically made him laugh. Lana assured that if Blessing wanted someone to talk to she was there and Nathan nodded the head gladly, a warm glow filling his bones. Now was the time to seek out Lana's affection.

Nathan is about to unlock the apartment door when one of his own flat mates says hi before giggling childishly. Rolling his eyes, he says hello back but as soon as his flat mate opens the door, he sees his own frame flying in rage towards him. Panicked, Nathan begins fumbling with the keys and is about to open the door but a sheer force slams him into the adjacent wall and he crawls to the floor clutching the shoulder in pain. Before he can compose himself, a hard slap whips the head to the side and he clutches the cheek in a disorientated panic,

"If you weren't in my body I would beat the shit out of you!" He hears his own voice in a low venomous tone,

"I see you've seen the pictures," Nathan says sarcastically but it falls flat as he groans. The ball of fire raging through the body intensifies as Blessing gazes down at her own crumpled body. Right now, all she wants to do is reign her fists down on Nathan's soul and pulverise it but she knows she'll only be doing damage to her own body. Raising the arm, she gestures as if she's going to slap him and watches as he cowers in the corner, terror evident in the her own brown bambi.

Both their hearts are pounding in the chests and the other is unsure of what to do. Gingerly, Nathan drags himself upwards, watching Blessing with a wary eye. He spots Blessing's keys behind his own body and slowly moves to retrieve them but a sudden blow to the face sends him back down to the floor where he whimpers,

"Oh my God Nathan, leave her alone!" The flat mate yells in desperation coming between Nathan and Blessing. Clutching the cheek, a bile of sick rises in the throat but Nathan swallows it down and through a blurred vision crawls towards the keys.

The flat mate grabs Blessing by the arm but she wrenches the arm out of his grasp and hisses at him to step back which he does so gingerly. Blessing clocks where the keys are and picks them up before Nathan can get to them,

"I will fucking report you," Nathan hisses with bitterness as he glowers at his own pair of dark blue vans,

"And have them kick you out? Brilliant, go for it!" Blessing laughs viciously down at her own small body. Exhaling sharply, Blessing turns on the heels and marches down the corridor to the apartment leaving Nathan and the flat mate behind.

Tired and defeated, Nathan slumps onto the floor and wills himself not to cry but the tears slowly slide out of the eyes and he wonders what has just happened,

"Come one let's get you up. I'll have a word with Nathan okay?" Rory explains and Nathan nods the head pathetically. Placing his arms under the pits, Rory hoists Nathan onto the feet and unlocks the door for him and leads him to Blessing's room and sits him on the bed. The last place he wants to be is in his assaulter's room so he asks for Rory to knock on room 6 and see if Lana is in. Nodding his head, Rory leaves and does as he's instructed.

Swallowing hard, Nathan lifts the head and gazes in the mirror at Blessing's face and realises that there's a small cut at the edge of her eyebrow but it won't detract from the beautiful face. There are red marks on both the cheeks and he wonders if they'll swell up. Nathan is not one to shy away from a fight but it was unexpected and bewildering that Blessing would lay hands on her body. It frightened him. If she can do that what can she do now?

The door bursts open and Lana scrambles in, distraught and fraught with anger and revulsion at what he has supposedly done. She begins pacing the room, up and down exhausting Nathan's already beat state of mind. Softly, he asks for her to get him some water and then lie down with him on the bed until he feels better which she does so,

"Men are absolute pigs. Honestly they are!" Lana whispers bitterly into the air with her arms wrapped loosely around Blessing's shoulders which are aching,

"Women are a lot worse. A whole lot worse," Nathan mumbles into Lana's neck which he's pressed against. He inhales her soft fruity scent mingled with her sweat and wishes they could remain like this forever. In fact, Nathan believes that he's fallen in love with Lana and that makes him at least a little happy.

Don't forge to vote/comment/fan