Finally ch4

Adelaide

Finally...

Finally I have a mate, well a second mate.

I smile uncontrollably as he pulls me towards his car. I hop into the passenger seat and turn to him, wondering what the plan is.

"Look..."

"Adey." I say getting the hint. I grow nervous at his silence. A few minutes pass before he speaks again. "Adey, I'm not saying that I'm rejecting you but..." my smile drops. Why? Why me? Why not my June? I mean she's a bitch, she deserves to get rejected... twice. "You see I've just never wanted a mate. And I'm not rejecting you! I'm just... not ready to have a mate yet." I'm over being upset. I'm over being rejected. "Can you please just not tell an-"

"No." I blurt out, cutting him off. "Don't worry this secret stays between us...?" He realizes what I'm hinting at.

"Oh Noah."

"Noah, You don't want me, I get it. And although you seemed to like me back in that cafeteria you've obviously changed your mind. I'm not too bothered, I wouldn't want a cowered for a mate." Low blow I know. "So let me help you out by just leaving you alone." I open the car door. "If your not gonna love me I'll find someone who will." I slam the door shut and storm over to my car which is thankfully just across the lot.

A single hot tear rolls down my cheek. Not from sadness but anger. I'm angry. I'm furious even. Nobody wants me. Ok. I don't need them. I'm ok with being the crazy cat lady for the rest of my life. Dying in my home alone, and since I won't have any friends or family that miss me I'll just lay there and rot. Totally ok with that.

You know what. I'm not going to let this get to me. I'm done with all of it.

***

"You sure about this sweetie?" I look at the man next to me again.

"Positive." A low buzz fills the air as a needle pricks my skin, over and over again, leaving behind a permanent path of ink. A few hours later I had a sore wrist and rib cage. "I love them, thanks." I had him my wad of cash and walk out, glad that I had decided to wear a flowy shirt. I drive home, not even considering what my parents will think.

"Adey? That you?" Sara calls from the kitchen. I grumble in respond and throw my stuff on the table next to the door before joining her. "Hey there big butt, what's with the plastic on your ar-oh my god moms gonna kill you." She rushes out. I smirk.

"I don't care. It's not her body it's mine." I smile proudly at the work of art on my arm. It turned out better than I thought. "Look I have one on my ribs too." I lift up my shirt and show her.

"As much as I like them, what is mom gonna think of them?" She gives me that stern look again.

"Well I don't know." I look down at the dark purple advertisement paper on the counter. "I like that color." I say thoughtfully. Getting up swiftly I grab my keys and open the front door. "I'm going out, don't tell mom." I jump into my car and drive to the closest hair salon.

***